Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing some small changes.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make big changes, but the most crucial thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thanksgiving leftovers pot pie recipe. You can cook thanksgiving leftovers pot pie using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie:
- Use of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Provide of milk.
- Get of leftover turkey gravy.
- You need of leftover turkey – roughly chopped.
- You need of frozen peas and carrots mix (or any leftover veggies you may have, cut to 1/4in. dice).
- Use of to 4 cup leftover mashed potatoes.
- Take of leftover stuffing/dressing.
Instructions to make Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9in round deep dish pie plate or a deep sided 8x8in square casserole dish. Press cold, leftover stuffing/dressing into the bottom and slightly up the sides to form a bottom "crust". Bake in oven for 5 min. Remove and set aside (leave oven on)..
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add butter when hot. When melted whisk in flour. Cook about 2 minutes to make a nice golden roux. Add milk, whisking to combine and keep from clumping. Stir in leftover gravy and veggies. Bring to a simmer for about 2 minutes to heat through. Turn off heat, add leftover turkey and stir gently to combine..
- Reheat mashed potatoes in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes in microwave, or until just heated through so they will be easier to work with..
- Gently pour filling into stuffing crust. Starting at the edges, dollop mashed potatoes in several little mounds all over the top. I actually have a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop that works perfectly for this, and makes the cutest little mounds of potato. You could even use a star tip on a piping bag. Get fancy with it!.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown. Remove from oven. Let rest 5 – 10 minutes and enjoy a simple and easy day after Thanksgiving meal!.
- Optional: remove from oven at 20 minutes, top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to turn golden brown..
If you find this Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.