Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mutton Chettinaad Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mutton Chettinaad Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green Plus Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any person who indicated concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has fully changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. These kinds of modifications need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your cooking area more green.
Start out with exchanging the light bulbs. Obviously you shouldn’t confine this to just the kitchen. You really need to change your incandescent lights along with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is lower, and, even though they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the pluses is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it ensures that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will end up at a landfill site. It goes further than merely replacing the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is another good thing to do. The family spends major time in the kitchen, and how typically does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not confined to the kitchen, it happens in other parts of the house also. Make a routine of having the lights on only when they are needed, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Efficient living is definitely something we can all do, without difficulty. A lot of it really is simply making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mutton chettinaad gravy recipe. You can cook mutton chettinaad gravy using 28 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mutton Chettinaad Gravy:
- Provide 5 tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fennel seeds.
- Get 1 tbsp of Cumin seeds.
- Provide 2 Pods of green cardamom.
- Prepare 8 of dried red chillies.
- Get 1 inch of long cinnamon stick.
- Take 2 tbsp of black pepper corns.
- Take 1/2 cup of Fresh coconut – shredded.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Poppy seeds.
- Provide 4 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Get 2 tbsp of Ghee.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fennel Seeds.
- Get 1 inch of long cinnamon stick.
- Get 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of Green chillies – slit.
- Get 3 of garlic cloves – Halved.
- Take 20 of shallots – quartered.
- You need 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Use 2 of country tomatoes – chopped.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 1/2 kg of Mutton/Lamb – medium sized pieces.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Coriander leaves – finely chopped.
- Provide 15 of curry leaves.
Instructions to make Mutton Chettinaad Gravy:
- Dry roast the coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, 2 green cardamom pods, red chillies, 1 cinnamon stick, pepper corns and half the curry leaves in a kadai or a pan over medium heat till they let their aromas out..
- Let them cool for a bit and blend them into a fine powder using a blender or mixer grinder..
- Then blend the coconut, fennel seeds and poppy seeds into a fine paste using little amount of water..
- In a pressure cooker add the oil and ghee. Once hot, add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, curry leaves, cinnamon stick and cloves. Let them splatter. Then add the green chillies, garlic cloves and shallots..
- Once the onions turn translucent, add the ginger garlic paste and a pinch of salt. Sauté till the raw smell of the ginger garlic paste is gone..
- Then add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, bay leaf, a pinch of salt and the finely grounded spice powder. Cook till the tomatoes are mushy and oil starts to separate..
- Add the mutton to the mixture along with some salt. Mix it and coat well with the masala. Add water till the mutton is completely submerged. Pressure cook it for 10 whistles or for 35 mins till the mutton is tender..
- After the pressure from the cooker is released, add the ground coconut paste to the mutton. Check for salt and add if required. Then add the chopped coriander leaves and let it simmer on a medium low flame for about 15-20 mins..
- Add water if required depending on the consistency you require. I let it sit on the flame for another 15 mins and evaporated the remaining water till it became a thick gravy..
- Serve hot with rice/idli/dosa/roti…
If you find this Mutton Chettinaad Gravy recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.