Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Stuffed Green Peppers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Stuffed Green Peppers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Most of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are not good and are to be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this is very true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be extremely nutritious and good for you. There are a number of foods that really can raise your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were just expecting to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea has been found to be rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has proved that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps raise your mental sharpness while having a relaxing effect on the rest of your body. You were already aware that that green tea helps you be a lot healthier. Now you know it can help improve your mood as well!
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy stuffed green peppers recipe. To cook spicy stuffed green peppers you need 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Spicy Stuffed Green Peppers:
- Prepare 6 each of green peppers.
- Use 1 lb of ground beef.
- Provide 1 tbsp of dried onion flakes (use one small or a half of a large onion).
- Prepare 1 each of garlic clove (minced).
- You need 2 can of diced green tomatoes with green chilis (I used mild Rotel and they are 10 oz each ).
- You need 1/2 cup of minute rice (if using regular rice, cook first).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of (8 oz) tomato sauce (optional).
- Take 1/2 cup of favorite shredded cheese (I used colby jack).
Steps to make Spicy Stuffed Green Peppers:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut tops off peppers and strip seeds out. Boil the bottoms in a pot for 5 minutes to soften them. Let them drain on a paper towel until ready to stuff. Cut and chop the tops to use with mix if desired. Otherwise discard..
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef, dried onion (or reg onion), and chopped peppers from tops until softened and beef no longer pink. Drain if needed. I used ground sirloin which did not. In fact, I added a tbsp of olive oil to help the peppers..
- Now add your worcestershire, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, rice and diced tomatoes. Let simmer for 5 minutes to soften rice..
- First put 1/2 cup of water in bottom of pan. Stuff peppers with beef mixture and top with tomato sauce. This is optional and you may or may not use the whole can. Cover and bake for 30 minutes..
- Uncover and sprinkle shredded cheese over top and bake uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes longer until cheese melts. Take out and serve..
If you find this Spicy Stuffed Green Peppers recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.