Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Pilaf recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Pilaf recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making some minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. Even though you may already consume a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken pilaf recipe. You can have chicken pilaf using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Pilaf:
- You need 1 of large knob butter.
- Use 3 of banana shallots, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Use 1 of leek, sliced.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery, sliced.
- Provide 150 g of unsmoked bacon, diced.
- You need 150 g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
- Provide 2 of peppers (one each red & green), deseeded and sliced.
- Get 300 g of cooked chicken, diced.
- Get 250 g of long-grain rice.
- Provide 1 tsp of sumac.
- Take 1 tsp of Salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- Use 250 ml of dry white wine.
- Provide 600 ml of chicken stock.
- Use 1 of large tomato, cut into wedges.
- Use of Coriander or parsley to garnish (optional – I omitted this time).
Steps to make Chicken Pilaf:
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 3 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 150C).
- Melt the butter in a casserole and gently fry the shallots for 4 minutes,stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes, stirring gently..
- Stir in the leek and continue frying for another 2 minutes. Then add the celery and bacon, stirring occasionally, and after 3 minutes stir in the mushrooms, then the peppers. Stir all gently but thoroughly for 1 minute..
- Add the chicken, rice, sumac, salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly again..
- Add wine and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and put in oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice cooked..
- Check after around 25 minutes that the rice mixture hasn’t “run dry”. It rarely happens but, if so, just add a splash or two of water. This is not a risotto so the aim is not to have a “wet” plate of food, just nice, fluffy, moist rice..
- Top with the tomato wedges and, if wished, coriander or parsley garnish. Serve onto warmed plates..
If you find this Chicken Pilaf recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.