Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shepard Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepard Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be good for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. While you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shepard pie recipe. You can cook shepard pie using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Shepard Pie:
- Use 1 1/2-2 pounds of potatoes (about 3 large potatoes), peeled and quartered.
- Get 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) of butter.
- Get 1 of medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups).
- Take 1-2 cups of vegetables—diced carrots, corn, peas.
- Provide 1 1/2 lbs of ground round beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get of Salt, pepper.
Steps to make Shepard Pie:
- Boil the potatoes: Place the peeled and quartered potatoes in medium sized pot. Cover with at least an inch of cold water. Add a teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until tender (about 20 minutes..
- 2 Sauté vegetables: While the potatoes are cooking, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook until tender, about 6 to 10 minutes..
- Add the ground beef, then Worcestershire sauce and broth: Add ground beef to the pan with the onions and vegetables. Cook until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper..
- Mash the cooked potatoes: When the potatoes are done cooking (a fork can easily pierce), remove them from the pot and place them in a bowl with the remaining 4 Tbsp of butter. Mash with a fork or potato masher, and season with salt and pepper to taste..
- 5 Layer the meat mixture and mashed potatoes in a casserole dish: Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread the beef, onions, and vegetables in an even layer in a large baking dish.
- Bake in oven: Place in a 400°F oven and cook until browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes. If necessary, broil for the last few minutes to help the surface of the mashed potatoes brown.
- Then serve.
Make this easy shepherd's pie recipe of a wintry evening – it's comfort food at its best. This one has a secret ingredient for extra savouriness. Don't worry about making it look fancy. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
If you find this Shepard Pie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.