Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Turkey Pilaf recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Turkey Pilaf recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey Pilaf recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It can likewise be healthy for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey pilaf recipe. You can cook turkey pilaf using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turkey Pilaf:
- Get 500 g of cooked turkey, diced.
- Use 3 of onions, chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Use 1 of leek, sliced (optional).
- Prepare 250 g of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Take 2 of peppers, green, red or mixed,deseeded and sliced.
- Use 2 of sticks, celery, sliced.
- Prepare 250 g of unsmoked bacon, diced.
- Get 400 g of long-grain rice.
- Provide of Large knob butter.
- Use 1 litre of turkey or chicken stock.
- You need 375 ml of dry white wine.
- Use of Ground black pepper.
- Take of Salt.
- Take 1-2 of tomatoes, cut into wedges.
- Prepare of Small bunch coriander, chopped leaves only.
- Take 1 tsp of sumac.
Instructions to make Turkey Pilaf:
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 3 or electric equivalent. My Neff Circotherm setting is 150C..
- Melt the butter in casserole and gently fry the onions, without stirring unless sticking, for 3 minutes..
- Add the garlic and stir and continue gently frying until both onions and garlic are tender, say another 2 minutes..
- Add the celery (and optional leek if wished), stir and fry for one further minute..
- Add the bacon, stir and continue gently frying for another 3 minutes..
- Add the turkey, peppers, mushrooms, rice, sumac and seasoning and stir thoroughly..
- Pour in the wine and stock and bring it all to the boil, occasionally stirring gently..
- Cover and transfer to the pre-heated oven and cook until the liquids are absorbed and the rice is sufficiently (but not over-!) cooked. This should take 35-40 minutes..
- It’s worth checking after about 25 minutes to ensure that the dish doesn’t “run dry” before the rice is cooked. This very rarely happens but a splash or two of water can be added if necessary. The aim is to have a moist but definitely not “wet” end-product: I.e., nice, tender and fluffy cooked rice..
- Either serve directly from the casserole or turn on to a warmed serving dish. Whichever you choose, garnish with tomato wedges, then sprinkle on the chopped coriander leaves and serve on hot plates..
If you find this Turkey Pilaf recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.