Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Stuffed peppers recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Stuffed peppers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed peppers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
Many of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are bad and are to be avoided. Often, if the comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods honestly do improve your mood when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Put together several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be improved by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera. This is because these nuts are high in magnesium, which helps to boost your production of serotonin. Serotonin is known as the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more you have of it, the better you will feel. Nuts, on top of raising your mood, can be a great protein source.
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed peppers recipe. You can have stuffed peppers using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Stuffed peppers:
- Prepare 5 of green peppers, washed, tops cut off & cored.
- You need 2 cans of Del Monte spaghetti sauce at Walmart.
- You need 2 of rolls of pork sausage, cooked. I used Great Value brand.
- Use of Italian Seasoning I did not measure.
- Use of Black pepper & salt & garlic powder.
- Provide of Cooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 of white onion chopped.
- Provide of Peeled, boiled potatoes to go with as a side.
- Take of I usually mash mine up with a fork, add a bit of butter to them.
Steps to make Stuffed peppers:
- Cut tops off green peppers, core and rinse, dice tops of green peppers, set to the side..
- Dice 1 whole white onion, set to the side.
- Spray a slow cooker bottom and sides.
- Add 1 whole can of sauce to bottom of slow cooker.
- Place peppers into crock pot.
- Cook rice, add 1 cup of rice to 2 cups boiling water, add olive oil to the water.
- Simmer rice 35 minutes, cover with lid..
- As the rice cooks, cook the sausage & add diced onion & green pepper diced & add seasonings cook til done..
- Add rice to cooked sausage mixture..
- Add half of one can of sauce to sausage mixture, stir..
- Fill peppers with as much sausage & rice filling as you can..
- Put the remaining mixture in between the peppers, filling any gaps..
- Add remaining sauce over top of mixture & peppers.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
- Serve hot over or with boiled, smashed with a fork potatoes with butter. Yum!!!.
They can be filled with any combination of starches, meat, beans, and sauces, making them the ultimate leftover vehicle. Classic stuffed peppers are a comforting meal that the whole family will love. The hearty and flavorful filling is stuffed into fresh bell peppers, topped with cheese and baked. Stuffed peppers are traditionally a part of Spanish cuisine and this tasty dish has been adopted by food lovers around the world. Stuffed peppers can be made with a variety of ingredients.
If you find this Stuffed peppers recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.