Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Turnip Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Turnip Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Dollars.
Remember when the only people who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Continue reading for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Perhaps the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, however it will save you money to use it over your oven. If you find out it takes 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you may look for more ways to use the microwave. Countertop appliances will boil water or even steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses much more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. A dishwasher is particularly efficient when it’s full before a cycle is started. Don’t dry the dishes using heat, utilize the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are lots of little elements that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is actually something we can all perform, without difficulty. Mostly, all it takes is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy turnip soup recipe. You can cook creamy turnip soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Creamy Turnip Soup:
- You need 4 of turnips medium sized.
- Take 2 of thinly sliced turnip greens or spinach (if you don't have turnip greens).
- Take 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare as required of Green onion(optional).
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare as needed of white pepper powder.
- You need 1 bowl of Vegetable stock or chicken stock or water.
- Use as required of shredded carrot or pomegranate kernels.
- Use 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Provide 1 tbspn of butter.
- Take 2 tsp of white-wine vinegar.
Steps to make Creamy Turnip Soup:
- Take 1 tablespoon oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat..
- Add onion and cook until they turn pinkish. Add Peeled and sliced turnips. Add salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper; stir to combine..
- Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, for 10 minutes. Add vegetable broth or water or chicken broth. Bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until the turnips are tender for 10 to 15 minutes more..
- When turnips are soft enough add a few leaves of turnip green or spinach leaves..
- Puree the soup in the pan using a blender to get a smooth texture. Boil the soup again and add white vinegar for little sourness..
- Serve the soup topped with grated carrots. I did with pomegranate to give little sweet crunch in mouth..
If you find this Creamy Turnip Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.