Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Shepherds Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shepherds Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherds Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, just making a couple of small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One healthy alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherds pie recipe. To make shepherds pie you need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shepherds Pie:
- Take 1 1/2 lb of 85% ground beef.
- Prepare 2 can of 10 count each of buttermilk biscuits.
- Use 1 of 10 oz bag of frozen veggies ( I used broccoli,carrot and cauliflower mix) thawed, drained and coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of Beef gravy.
- You need 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 3 cup of prepared mashed potatoes.
Instructions to make Shepherds Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350. Begin to brown ground beef..
- You will need 2 pie plates. In each pie plate press a tube of biscuits on bottom and up the sides. Make sure to press seams together well. Bake both biscuit covered pie plates in the oven for only 5 minutes..
- Drain ground beef. Remove pie plates and increase heat to 375..
- In a large pan add ground beef, Worcestershire, thawed out veggies,beef gravy,onion powder, salt and pepper..
- Simmer mixture for 10 minutes and add mixture into pie plates. You will have roughly 2 cups for each pie plate..
- Add 1 1/2 cups to each pie plate of the prepared mashed potatoes.Spread the potatoes over the meat mixture evenly..
- Place both pies on a heavy cookie sheet and bake for 35-40 min or until potatoes on top are golden brown..
Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. Shepherd's pie is comforting, satisfying and most of all tastes great! My easy shepherd's pie recipe A traditional Shepherd's Pie in the UK, is made with minced lamb, a pie made with ground beef is. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince.
If you find this Shepherds Pie recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.