Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shepherds pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherds pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. People typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably pick out many food items out of habit. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherds pie recipe. You can cook shepherds pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Shepherds pie:
- You need 2 of carrots diced.
- Prepare 200 gms of mince meat.
- Prepare 3 tbs of tomato paste.
- Use to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Get 2 cups of mashed potatoes.
- Take 2 of medium onions diced.
- Provide 3 of tomatoes diced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of garlic butter.
- Provide 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 cup of chicken /beef stock.
- Provide 2 of beef cubes.
Steps to make Shepherds pie:
- Take the mince and put in a large pan and heat till dry and browned ad salt and pepper (6-7mins).
- Add tomatoes and let cook add onions and garlic. Add tomato paste and seasoning.
- Add the stock and simmer for a few minutes add carrots and put of heat..
- In a casserole add the mixture and top with the mashed potatoes.
- In a preheated oven bake till crust is golden brown..
Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. Shepherd's pie is comforting, satisfying and most of all tastes great! My easy shepherd's pie recipe A traditional Shepherd's Pie in the UK, is made with minced lamb, a pie made with ground beef is. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince.
If you find this Shepherds pie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.