Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a number of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It can likewise be healthy for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker spicy fruit and nut chicken pilaf recipe. To make slow cooker spicy fruit and nut chicken pilaf you only need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf:
- Prepare 8 of skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 of onion, red or white, thinly sliced.
- Use 2 tbsp of oil, olive or vegetable.
- Provide 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Provide 350 grams of long grain rice (I use easy-cook).
- Get 100 grams of sultanas or raisins.
- Take 1 liter of chicken stock, from cube is fine.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 100 grams of macademia or cashew nuts or almonds.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf:
- Heat oil in frying pan, add onion and fry, without colouring, until soft, drain and place in slow cooker..
- Place rice, sultanas, turmeric and stock in slow cooker, stir gently..
- Fry chicken in frying pan until sealed and lightly coloured, add to slow cooker. You can use boneless thighs if you prefer..
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, high for 1 1/2 – 2 hours. Add more stock if required during cooking, check chicken is cooked through. Check rice is cooked too..
- Dry-fry the nuts in a frying pan until golden..
- Check seasoning of chicken, add salt & pepper to taste. Remove chicken, gently fork through rice to fluff up..
- Place rice on plate, put chicken on top, and sprinkle nuts over. You can stir nuts into rice at step 6 if you like..
- You can substitute pine nuts.
If you find this Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.