Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best *tofu shepherds pie* recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to *tofu shepherds pie* recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Choosing to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a superb source of vitamin E. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to *tofu shepherds pie* recipe. You can cook *tofu shepherds pie* using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook *tofu shepherds pie*:
- Take 1 packages of tofu.
- Prepare 1 box of mashed potatoes.
- Take 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 stick of celery.
- You need 1 can of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peas.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Get 1 cup of shredded montery jack.
- Provide 1 of olive oil.
- Take 2 stick of large carrots.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of small round potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Get 1 dash of salt n pepper to taste.
- Use 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
Steps to make *tofu shepherds pie*:
- tofu: out of package and drained. use paper towels to wrap tofu and squeeze excess water out. then pour chicken broth in a mixing bowl . mash up tofu in chunks add into broth let sit in refrigerator.
- veggies: wash -Peel -dice- add to a greased skillet. for small round potatoes slice in half and add to veggie mix. let these sweat on medium heat..
- make mashed potatoes according to directions. about 3 1/2 cups of potato flakes add milk butter salt pepper.
- add tablespoon of cumin & chilli powder to your veggie mixture and salt and pepper..
- now add tofu to your hot pan & veggies pour about 1/2 cup of broth. and about 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs.
- stir and let cook 5 minutes..
- preheat oven 350 . now grease a large baking dish. add your tofu & veggies then add a combo of cheeses. now layer potatoes on top now add remaining cheeses and top with salt and pepper.
- in a 350°F oven for 25 minutes..
- (cover with foil for first 10 min.).
- serve with a salad. enjoy.
This meatless, dairy-free take on Shepherds Pie is packed with veggies (mushrooms! celery! parsnips! butternut squash!) and loaded with flavor. It's also incredibly hearty, thanks to lentils. Like a little Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie. This dish is a traditional shepherd's pie recipe except that I swapped the meat with lentils to make it veggie loaded and fully meat free. Vegan shepherd's pie made with green peas and TVP is a satisfying and hearty main dish that's perfect any night you want simple Vegan shepard's pie made with texturized vegetable protein (TVP).
If you find this *tofu shepherds pie* recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.