Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Turnip Potage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turnip Potage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Can save you Money.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has completely changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we cannot adjust things for the better without everyone’s active participation. Each and every family must start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your kitchen area more green.
A lot of electrical power is wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. When you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones that are more than ten years old. Keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, in conjunction with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. You can certainly minimize how often the motor has to run by regularly cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
From the above it really should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite easy to live green, all things considered. Mostly, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to turnip potage recipe. You can have turnip potage using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turnip Potage:
- Use 300 g of turnips.
- Prepare 100 g of red turnips.
- Prepare 20 g of turnip greens (optional).
- Provide 1 of potato.
- Take 400 ml of water.
- Take 200 ml of milk.
- Take 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take 1 pinch of parsley.
Steps to make Turnip Potage:
- Cut all vegetables into small pieces. Chop the turnip greens. Put 1 Tbsp of olive oil into a pot with all the vegetables and cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper..
- When all vegetables have become nicely browned and cooked through add 2 cups of water and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat with the lid on. Take care not to boil off the water in the soup, reduce to low heat if necessary. Once cooked, turn off the heat and let cool for a while..
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend for about 30 second until the soup is smooth in texture..
- Put a sieve on the pot and pour in the soup to strain it. Use a wooden spatula to help push through the seive..
- Turn on the heat to low. Add a cup of milk and slowly mix into the soup, but take care not to boil! Season with salt as needed and it's ready to serve. If desired, garnish with parsley..
If you find this Turnip Potage recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.