Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mutton Yakhni Pilaf recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mutton Yakhni Pilaf recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mutton Yakhni Pilaf recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One healthy substitute that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mutton yakhni pilaf recipe. You can cook mutton yakhni pilaf using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mutton Yakhni Pilaf:
- Use of For the Yakhni Potli.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of rose petals.
- Use 2 of medium sized onions quartered.
- Use 3/4 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- Get 1 tbsp of jeera.
- Get 16-18 of garlic cloves.
- Provide 2 inch of ginger.
- Use 8-9 of elaichi pods.
- Take 2 of star anise.
- You need 8-10 of cloves.
- You need 2 of flower of mace.
- Use 3 inch of cinnamon sticks.
- Get 2 tbsp of coriander seed.
- Use 7 cups of water.
- Provide 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need of For the mutton Yakhni pulao.
- You need 1 kg of mutton.
- Take 900 GMs of basmati rice.
- Provide 1 cup of yogurt.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Take 3 of onions finely sliced.
- Get 1/4 cup of birista.
- Get 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Get 1 of lemon juice.
- Use 1 pinch of saffron soaked in 1/4 th cup milk.
- Provide 150 gms of ghee or oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Provide 6 cups of Yakhni stock.
Steps to make Mutton Yakhni Pilaf:
- Firstly, clean and soak the long grain basmati rice for at least 30 minutes. Usually, I soak it for 45 minutes for better results.
- While the rice is soaking, add a pinch of saffron in 1/4 cup of milk and set aside..
- To Make Yakhni (Mutton Stock): To start with, take a clean clean muslin cloth, add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, and all the ingredients for potli (bouquet garni)..
- Now, tie it well with the string to secure all the whole spices into it to form a potli..
- Then, put the potli in a pressure cooker along with the cleaned and wahsed mutton and 7 cups of water. Add some salt, put it on the heat and bring it to a boil. Once the it starts boiling, pressure cook until the mutton is just done. DO NOT over – cook.
- Now, once the mutton is done, allow it to release the pressure to its own. Carefully, separate the mutton pieces and the Yakhni stock (mutton stock). Also, squeeze the potli very well in to the stock to extract all the flavours of spices. Discard the potli..
- To Make Yakhni Pulao: To begin with, heat ghee in Handi or pan..
- Once the ghee is hot, add bay leaves and fry for few seconds. Add sliced onions and fry until they start picking up golden color. Add green chilies slit and fry for another few seconds..
- Now, add boiled mutton and gently sauté it on high heat for another 2-3 minutes. Then, add salt and whisked yoghurt and mix. Cook for a minute..
- Now, drain the water from the rice. Then, add rice and mix gently. Then, add the yakhni (mutton stock) counting to the exact 6 ½ cups. If the Yakhni is less in amount then add some water along with yakhni but should be 6 ½ cups in total. For the reason that we are adding a cup of curd, it will also add the liquid to pulao, so we are adding 6& 1/2 cups of yakhni stock ONLY. Lastly, add garam masala powder, lemon juice, kewra essence/water and mix, bring it to a boil..
- Once it starts boiling, allow it to cook on high heat until 90% water dries up. Now, pour the saffron soaked milk over the rice. Cover the pot with foil and put it on Dum for 15 minutes. And it’s ready to be served with your favourite Raita..
If you find this Mutton Yakhni Pilaf recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.