Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Jackfruit and Chickpea Pulao/Pilaf/Biryani (Pressure Cooker Method) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jackfruit and Chickpea Pulao/Pilaf/Biryani (Pressure Cooker Method) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jackfruit and Chickpea Pulao/Pilaf/Biryani (Pressure Cooker Method) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Deciding to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One heart-healthy option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jackfruit and chickpea pulao/pilaf/biryani (pressure cooker method) recipe. To make jackfruit and chickpea pulao/pilaf/biryani (pressure cooker method) you need 31 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jackfruit and Chickpea Pulao/Pilaf/Biryani (Pressure Cooker Method):
- Provide 2 cups of Basmati rice soaked in water for 20 minutes.
- Prepare of For the browned onions:.
- Provide 2 cups of sliced onions.
- You need of Oil for deep frying.
- Get of For the biryani:.
- Use 3 tbsp of oil or a combination of oil and ghee.
- Get 5 of cloves.
- Use 2 of green cardamoms.
- You need 1 of large bay leaf.
- Take 2 of star anise.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of fennel seeds/saunf.
- Take 2 inch of piece of cinnamon, broken into two.
- Use 1 of large red onion, sliced.
- Take 1 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Provide 1 tbsp of garlic paste.
- You need 5-6 of green chillies/jalapenos.
- Use 1 of large tomato, chopped.
- Use 2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder/cayenne powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 3 tbsp of curd/yogurt whisked smooth.
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of cooked and shredded jackfruit.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas or garbanzo beans or use any other beans you like.
- Get 1/4 cup of shredded mint leaves.
- Provide 1/4 cup of shredded coriander leaves/cilantro.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Get 1/2 cup of black raisins fried in a little ghee or oil.
- Take of Mint and coriander leaves for garnishing.
Instructions to make Jackfruit and Chickpea Pulao/Pilaf/Biryani (Pressure Cooker Method):
- Make the fried onions: Slice onions and deep fry on medium high heat, stirring often to a golden brown colour. This step needs time and patience, so try not to burn the onions; they will turn bitter and destroy the dish! Remove and place on oil-absorbent paper..
- Prepping the ingredients: Wash the rice in lots of water until the water runs clear and soak for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prep the ingredients. While the rice is soaking, you can fry the onions and chop the rest of the ingredients like green chilies, tomatoes, onions, mint and coriander leaves. If using canned chickpeas, drain and wash in plenty of water and drain again. Drain the jackfruit (if using canned), wash, drain again and shred to bite sized pieces..
- Drain the soaked rice in a colander until fully drained. Once the deep fried onions are ready, you can start to make the biryani. Making the pulav/biryani: Heat the oil (or oil plus ghee) in a large pressure cooker or pan. Once the oil is hot, add the whole spices (cloves, cardamom, bay leaf, star anise, cumin seeds, fennel and cinnamon); stir until aromat; few seconds. Tip in the chopped or sliced red onions and fry again on medium heat until just softened..
- Add the ginger paste and garlic paste and fry again until the raw smell reduces; a few seconds. Stir in the green chilies and chopped tomatoes and fry again until the tomatoes are cooked and soft..
- At this stage, mix in the spice powders: coriander, cumin, red chilli and turmeric powders; mix well and sauté again for a minute, taking care not to burn the spices. If needed, sprinkle a little water. Add the yogurt and mix well. Stir in the chickpeas and jackfruit and stir again. Mix in some salt and cook on medium heat for a few minutes to incorporate the spices a bit..
- Sprinkle chopped mint and coriander leaves along with the drained rice and mix well. Fry again on medium heat until each rice grain glistens with oil or ghee and most of the moisture is gone. Sprinkle garam masala powder and mix well..
- Add half of the fried onions, salt to taste and pour 1 ½ cups of hot water over it. Mix well and close the pressure cooker. Place the weight on top..
- Increase the heat and cook on high for 2 whistles (or reduce heat after one whistle and cook on low for 5 minutes). After 2 whistles, turn the heat off and leave the pan undisturbed, allowing the pressure to release naturally. Once the pressure is released, open the pan and fluff up the rice with a fork..
- Fry the raisins in a little ghee/oil (about 1 tsp) until puffy, remove and mix into the rice. Garnish with the remaining fried onions, chopped coriander and mint leaves and serve hot with some raita or plain yogurt, pickles, salad etc. on the side. Enjoy and Happy Cooking!!!.
If you find this Jackfruit and Chickpea Pulao/Pilaf/Biryani (Pressure Cooker Method) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.