Easy Healthy Tart Crust. Pie crust, while also buttery and not too sweet, tends to have more of a flaky texture, while tart crust is more like a cookie. And honestly, tart crust is WAY easier to make! Then cut the butter and shortening in with a pastry cutter until it forms crumbs.
It's a press-in crust that's a simple mixture of flour, confectioners' sugar, salt, melted butter, and a little bit of vanilla. It's easy to make and doesn't require any rolling or chilling or any special equipment (beyond a tart pan itself). Blend flour and salt in processor.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, easy healthy tart crust. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pie crust, while also buttery and not too sweet, tends to have more of a flaky texture, while tart crust is more like a cookie. And honestly, tart crust is WAY easier to make! Then cut the butter and shortening in with a pastry cutter until it forms crumbs.
Easy Healthy Tart Crust is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Easy Healthy Tart Crust is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook easy healthy tart crust using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Healthy Tart Crust:
- Take 50 grams of Pancake mix.
- Take 50 grams of Cake flour.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Oil (or 13 g butter).
- Take 3 tbsp of Water.
- Take 1 pinch of Salt (optional).
Add butter; using on/off turns, cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer crust to a wire rack and remove weights and foil. You'll now need to proceed with your tart recipe, add the filling, and finish baking. With your fingers, press it into a tart pan (no rolling necessary!), and let it hang out in the fridge for half an hour before pricking the bottom and baking.
Steps to make Easy Healthy Tart Crust:
- Combine the pancake mix and the cake flour and set aside. If using butter, melt it and set it aside..
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the oil in the center. Add some water, a little a time, into the dry ingredients while shaping the dough into a ball with a spatula..
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for as long as possible. (Cut the plastic wrap one size larger than the tart pan, since you will use it later when rolling out the dough.).
- Open the plastic wrap and cover the dough with another piece of plastic wrap. Roll the dough with a rolling pin to match the size of the tart pan. (This technique eliminates the need to dust the working surface.).
- Take off the top piece of plastic wrap, flip the crust over and into the tart pan with the bottom piece of plastic wrap attached. Shape the dough by pressing it into the tart pan over the plastic wrap to shape the crust. Cut off the excess edges with a rolling pin..
- Slowly remove the plastic wrap. Pierce several holes in the bottom and grooves of the crust..
- If you are blind-baking the crust, bake it at 180℃ for 10-30 minutes. (Adjust the temperature to the baking time or for the type of tart). If you have pie weights, it will turn out looking even better..
- Here's a Tofu Tart Recipe:. (This page shows detailed directions). https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/142713-butter-free-ultra-healthy-easy-tart-crust.
- The photo shows an autumn flavored chestnut tart that uses this tart crust recipe.. You do not need to blind-bake the crust for this recipe. Just pour the filling in and bake it as is. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/142753-rich-and-easy-chestnut-tart-with-healthy-tart-crust.
Fill the baked and cooled crust with anything from Easy Chocolate Ganache topped with Easy Whipped Cream, to Lemon Curd and meringue, or Vanilla-Buttermilk Pastry Cream and fresh fruit. Evenly press the pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Using a fork, press indentations into the top edge of the pie crust for decoration. This is a great, EASY classic quiche crust. Quiche crusts are just made with shortcrust pastry.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food easy healthy tart crust recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!