Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shepherd pie with winter veggies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherd pie with winter veggies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out some modest changes.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you presently are eating lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd pie with winter veggies recipe. You can have shepherd pie with winter veggies using 29 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shepherd pie with winter veggies:
- Provide 2 of big Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of soft unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of thick Yoghurt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed Black peppers.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of red Chilli flakes.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Use of For the filling.
- Use 1/2 cup of chopped green Beans.
- Get 1/2 cup of chopped Carrots.
- Provide 1/2 cup of chopped green Capsicum.
- Provide 1/2 cup of chopped red Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sweet Corn kernals.
- You need 1 cup of chopped Onions.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of Tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of mutton Keema.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Curry powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Garam masala powder.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of Thyme.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of For the top crust.
- Get 2 tablespoon of grated Cheese.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Bread crumbs.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Tomato ketchup.
- You need 2-3 of strings of chopped Spring onion.
Instructions to make Shepherd pie with winter veggies:
- Chop all the vegetables and keep them ready along with sweet corn..
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and saute chopped onions for 2-3 minutes..
- Add in ginger-garlic paste and cook for few seconds more..
- Next add mutton keema and stir continuously to cook for 3-4 minutes..
- After sauteing the keema add in all the vegetables..
- Stir well to cook for a minute and then add all the spices like chilli powder, curry powder, garam masala powder, thyme and salt. Give it a good mix..
- Add in 3 tablespoons of tomato paste and stir well. Also add little water to incorporate everything well. The mixture shouldn't be dry in consistency..
- Cover and cook in medium low heat until vegetables and keema cooks completely..
- When everything cooks completely and the gravy becomes thick, remove from heat and keep aside..
- Now for the mash potato, boil 2 big potatoes in microwave for about 8 -9 minutes..
- Peel and smash them with a fork..
- Add in 2 tablespoons soft butter, 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons thick youghrt, chilli flakes, crushed black pepper and salt. You can also use olive oil, if you want to reduce the amount of butter..
- Mix everything well to make a homogeneous soft mixture..
- Take a round or square shape baking dish of medium size..
- Pre heat oven at 180 degree C..
- Place the prepared filling to the bottom of the dish to make a thick layer..
- Next place the prepared mash potato over the filling..
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon breadcrumb, 2 tablespoons grated cheese, tomato ketchup and some spring onion..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the filling starts bubbling and top of the pie becomes light golden brown..
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and then with a sharp knife slice into your desired size..
- Serve these delicious and flavourful shephard pie warm as breakfast, lunch or dinner..
Adding roasted veggies to the filling was an easy choice to add more flavor. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. See more ideas about Vegetarian shepherds pie, Shepherds pie, Vegetarian. This easy vegan dinner is comfort food at it's finest and loaded with good · The winter-chill beating comfort food goodness of a classic Shepherd's Pie, minus the meat. Well winter is finally (maybe, fingers crossed.) showing signs of coming to an end.
If you find this Shepherd pie with winter veggies recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.