Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemony spanakorizo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemony spanakorizo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you most probably choose a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemony spanakorizo recipe. You can have lemony spanakorizo using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lemony spanakorizo:
- You need 1 kg of spinach (cleaned, washed and coarsely cut).
- Use 4 of leeks (the white part cut into round slices).
- Take 6 of spring onions (finely chopped).
- Provide 1 of large dry onion (finely chopped).
- Provide 1/2 bunch of dill (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 handfuls of rice (I use long-grain).
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Provide of salt, pepper.
- You need of fresh juice of 1 lemon.
Instructions to make Lemony spanakorizo:
- Cover the bottom of a pot with olive oil and sauté the onions together with the leeks..
- As soon as they become translucent, add the spinach, stir and cover until it gets tender. The spinach will let out its liquids so don't add water right away but later..
- When the spinach gets tender add the dill, the rice, 2 cups water, salt and pepper..
- Boil for 10' more minutes stirring often so that the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot. Then remove from heat, pour in the lemon juice and set it aside covered to absorb its liquids..
- Serve with fresh bread and feta cheese!.
If you find this Lemony spanakorizo recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.