Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Picking The Right Foods Can Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy.
Something that some of you may already know is that by eating the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. Something that you should never eat no matter what is the various foods that you will acquire at all of those take out places. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are generally foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nourishment. In this posting we’re going to be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you remain healthy and balanced.
Even though some of you enjoy having your snack foods, instead of reaching for the potato chips try getting some nuts. You will come to realize that these snack items are loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and also seeds will have more than others. Your entire body will use these types of fatty acids as a foundation for creating hormones that your body needs to stay healthy. The first thing you may not realize is that several hormones that you need will only be able to be produced when you have these kinds of fatty acids.
For those of you who want to begin living a healthier life the tips above will be able to help you do that. Something that you should actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed peppers with quinoa recipe. You can have stuffed peppers with quinoa using 13 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa:
- Take of medium firm tofu,pressed and cubed.
- You need of red,green,or yellow bell peppers.
- Prepare of unsalted tomatoes,diced.
- Get of red onion, diced.
- You need of scallions,chopped.
- Prepare of stock celery,chopped.
- Get of galric,thinly sliced.
- Take of quinoa.
- Provide of vegetable broth.
- Provide of mozzarella cheese.
- Take of feta cheese.
- You need of extra virgin olive oil.
- Take of salt and black ground pepper ,to taste.
Steps to make Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa:
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove seeds,Save tops for later..
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water with strainer..
- In sauce pan heat the vegetable broth and add quinoa, bring to a simmer cook covered for 10 minutes..
- Heat 1 tbsp of the extra virgin olive oil in large skillet, add the tofu,and brown all sides of tofu; about 10 minutes..
- Remove tofu set on plate for later..
- Heat remaining extra virgin olive oil in the large skillet,add in onion, celery, garlic, and scallion..
- Cook until veggies are softened; about 10 minutes..
- Pre-heat oven to 350°..
- Add in slightly drained can of tomatoes, quinoa, and tofu into the large skillet;mix everything together..
- Add salt and black pepper to taste..
- Place the peppers in greased cooking dish..
- Add some mozzarella to the bottom of the peppers..
- Fill 1/2 the pepper with skillet mixture; pressing down into pepper..
- Add in another layer of mozzarella..
- Fill the rest of the pepper with the skillet mixture..
- Top with more mozzarella..
- Place in oven; bake for 25 minutes..
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with feta..
- Set tops back on peppers; bake for an additional 10 minutes..
- Remove from oven; let cool and enjoy..
- (*ive also made these using racelte swiss in place of mozzarella and manchego in place of feta. that combination work just as well! ).
Tasty Mexican inspired Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with black beans are filling and ultra nutritious for an easy dinner any night of the week – great for meal prep too! Quinoa is rich in fiber and protein, and is a great substitute for the traditional rice used in stuffed peppers. A healthy twist on stuffed peppers! I served these with mashed cauliflower – yum! Combine quinoa and chicken stock in a saucepan.
If you find this Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.