Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Shepherds pie straight from Maine! recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Shepherds pie straight from Maine! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherds pie straight from Maine! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherds pie straight from maine! recipe. To cook shepherds pie straight from maine! you need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherds pie straight from Maine!:
- Take of potato.
- Take of potatoes.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of milk.
- Use of sour cream.
- Use of salt&pepper.
- Prepare of beef.
- Use of chopped onion.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- Take of hamburg.
- Prepare of worcestershire sauce.
- Provide of beef broth.
- Get of can of peas and carrots.
- Provide of salt and pepper.
- Provide of natures seasoning.
- Use of casserole.
- Provide of corn.
- Prepare of cream style corn.
- Get of seasoning salt for garnish.
Steps to make Shepherds pie straight from Maine!:
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Peel and quarter potatoes (I like using golden potatoes because they come out light and fluffy).
- put potatoes in pot, cover with cold, salted water. Simmer until soft for mashing. (10-15 minutes depending on size.) Drain potatoes when done, mash with butter, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Then set aside..
- Add a tablespoon or 2 of butter to a pan and saute onions until soft (3-5 minutes.) Add garlic and beef, cook until browned. Then mix in small can of carrots and peas..
- Once hamburg is browned, add worcestershire sauce and beef broth. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Add broth as needed to keep moist. (Add any spices you want at this point. I add salt, pepper, garlic powder and natures seasoning.).
- Now it's time to layer. Put beef in bottom of casserole dish, mix cream corn and regular corn in a separate dish and layer on top of beef. Add dollops of potato for the last layer, and flatten out with a fork (or make peaks.) Sprinkle seasoning salt across the top for garnish..
- Pop in pre-heated oven about 40 minutes or until bubbling. Enjoy!.
But both the Irish and British claim the origination of this hearty, mashed potato crust dish. This classic Shepherd's Pie recipe will have everyone asking for seconds. It's full of flavor and the creamy mashed potatoes make it extra delicious! Moving to Maine meant a whole new world of recipes; think seafood, apples, blueberries, maple syrup etc. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling.
If you find this Shepherds pie straight from Maine! recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.