Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Shepherds Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shepherds Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherds Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Snacks.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). This can be a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between snacks. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have so many options. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain snacks are an superb choice for a fast healthy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Eating on the run may be healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Whole grains are always better than processed grains found in white bread.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherds pie recipe. You can cook shepherds pie using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shepherds Pie:
- Provide of Minced lamb.
- Provide of Potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Provide of Peeled and chopped carrots and turnip.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Milk.
- Prepare of Onion.
- Take of Garlic.
- Provide of Sprig rosemary.
- Get of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Gravy.
- Provide of Lamb/beef stock.
- Use of Tomato purée.
- Prepare of Bay leaf.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Get of (Heaped) plain flour.
- You need of Each Dried sage, rosemary, thyme.
- You need of Garnish.
- Get of Grated mature cheddar.
- Use of Tomato, sliced.
Instructions to make Shepherds Pie:
- Chop onion and garlic, place in pan with rosemary sprig, lamb mince and seasoning. Brown mince, drain the fat off and set aside..
- In a pan, boil the potatoes, carrot and turnip. When soft, turn off heat, drain water, add the butter and milk and mash together. Set the mash aside..
- Make the gravy. Make up the stock in a jug, add the dried herbs, bay leaf and the tomato purée and mix. Set aside. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil, add the flour and mix well. Gradually add the stock, stirring all the while until you have a nice gravy consistency..
- Now bring it all together. Place the mince in a casserole dish. Pour over the gravy. Spread the mash over the top making peaks with a fork. Sprinkle over the cheese (don't use a lot of cheese or it will overpower the pie), put a few tomato slices on top. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes..
Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. Shepherd's pie is comforting, satisfying and most of all tastes great! My easy shepherd's pie recipe A traditional Shepherd's Pie in the UK, is made with minced lamb, a pie made with ground beef is. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince.
If you find this Shepherds Pie recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.