Easiest Way to Make Quick Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green Plus Save Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any person who portrayed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has fully changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. These kinds of adjustments need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen area more green.
Changing light bulbs is actually as good a spot get started on as any. This will certainly go further than the kitchen, but that is okay. The usual light bulbs are the incandescent style, which should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, even though they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Using these kinds of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. It goes further than simply swapping the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is definitely another good thing to do. The family spends major time in the kitchen, and how typically does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not limited to the kitchen, it takes place in other parts of the house at the same time. Try keeping the lights off unless you absolutely need them, and see just how much electricity you can save.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Environmentally friendly living is not that difficult. It’s about being practical, usually.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lauren's pinto beans and ham recipe. You can cook lauren's pinto beans and ham using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham:
- Get 2 pounds of pinto beans.
- Provide 6 of ham slices (I use already cooked).
- You need 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mustard (secret ingredient).
- You need 1 tbsp of worsteshire sauce.
- Get 2 tbsp of beef soup base.
- Use 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves (minced).
- Provide of Spices.
- Use 1 tsp of ground mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Get 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Use 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get 1 tsp of thyme.
- Get 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Get 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Use 1/8 tsp of ground cayenne pepper.
- Provide to taste of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham:
- Soak beans for 10 mins..
- Add the water, soup base, onion garlic, mustard and all the seasonings..
- Boil for 30 minutes then turn heat to medium and put a lid on and let simmer for 4 hours or until done or Place in a crock pot on high for 3 hours or until done. Garnish with green onions and a slice of warm cornbread..
You won't need a lot of ingredients, and you don't have to worry about being in the kitchen Other than the price, pinto beans are really good ( I personally like most beans). I used ham hocks to flavor the beans. If you don't have ham hocks, or. These Traditional Texan Pinto Beans are the perfect blend of Southern and Mexican. A versatile side dish with a bit of a kick.
If you find this Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.