Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Saving Money Inside the Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers and hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Keep reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly when they are not running as effectively as they should. You can easily save up to 60% on energy whenever you get a new one, in comparison to those from longer than ten years ago. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving energy and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and 0F. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, because the motor won’t have to operate as often.
The kitchen by itself offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is quite straightforward to live green, all things considered. It’s about being functional, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker split pea soup recipe. To cook slow cooker split pea soup you need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Take 1 package (16 ounces) of dried green split peas, rinsed.
- Provide 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Take 1 1/2 Cups of chopped carrots.
- Provide 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary, crushed.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1 carton (32 ounces) of reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- Provide 3 cups of water.
- Take 2 cups of cubed fully cooked ham steaks.
- Provide 2-3 of Bay Leaves.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Mix all ingredients, except the ham, the water & stock, and the bay leaves, into the slow cooker..
- Add the ham and water & stock into the pot, stir everything together..
- Finally, place the bay leaves into the pot..
- Put the lid on the slow cooker, set the temperature on low, and cook for 8 hours..
Something magical happens when dried split peas break down into a thick, naturally creamy, and delicious soup over several hours in the slow cooker. Here, all you do is lay down a layer of dried slit peas in your crockpot's insert, then add a layer of diced carrot, celery, and yellow onion, with some. Slow-cooking the peas gives it the same velvety texture, and the bay leaf and vegetables keep the flavors traditional. Serving it with croutons adds an extra treat. Split pea is one of my favorite soups, and I was pleasantly surprised that I also didn't miss the flavor smoked meats usually add.
If you find this Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.