Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Mexican Rubbed Steak w/ Chorizo Potatoes & Mango Habanero Salsa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mexican Rubbed Steak w/ Chorizo Potatoes & Mango Habanero Salsa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Choose To Consume.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or perhaps negatively. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will acquire at all of those take out places. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are usually foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nutrition. In this post we shall be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you stay healthy.
Nuts and various seeds will certainly be a much better option when you are trying to find a quick snack to enjoy. You will come to find that these snack items are usually loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts as well as seeds will have much more than others. Your entire body will use these kinds of fatty acids as a source for creating hormones which your body needs to stay healthy. A number of these hormones that are needed can only be created by having these fatty acids in your diet.
By simply following some of the suggestions above you will see that you’ll be living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can discover in any store is in addition not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mexican rubbed steak w/ chorizo potatoes & mango habanero salsa recipe. You can have mexican rubbed steak w/ chorizo potatoes & mango habanero salsa using 67 ingredients and 31 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mexican Rubbed Steak w/ Chorizo Potatoes & Mango Habanero Salsa:
- Prepare of Spice Rub.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Get 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- Use 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Use 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Get 1 tablespoon of black pepper (whole peppercorns).
- Use 1-2 tsp of salt.
- Get of Marinade – Optional.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of fresh orange juice.
- Provide 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Use 1/3 cup of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- Provide 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of finely chopped canned chipotle pepper (optional).
- Use 2 of Serrano chiles.
- Get of Steak.
- Use 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 3 sprigs of cilantro.
- Provide 1 of garlic clove.
- Take 2 sprigs of fresh oregano.
- Get 1 of guajillo chili pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Rib eyes (at least 1 in thick, can be slimmer but its best thicker).
- Use of Chili Sauce.
- Take 1 of Roasted Tomato.
- Provide 1 of Roasted Red Bell pepper.
- Take 3 of Guajillos rehydrated.
- You need 4 of Purya Chlies rehydrated.
- You need 1 of Ancho Rehydrated.
- Prepare dash of cinnamon.
- You need dash of cumin.
- Provide dash of paprika.
- Provide of Salt and pepper.
- Use of Mango Habanero Sauce.
- Get 1 of mango.
- Use 2 of habanero chili's with seeds no stems.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- Take 1/4 tsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Take 1/2 tbls of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbls of brow sugar.
- Provide 1/4 cup of butter.
- Take of Chorizo Potatoes.
- Take 1/2 pack of chorizo.
- You need 3 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 of white onion.
- Get of salt and pepper.
- Get 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Get of Roasted chili corn.
- Prepare 3 of Whole corns cut to kernels.
- Get 2 tbls of diced onions.
- Get dash of chili powder.
- You need of lime juice.
- Use of salt and pepper.
- Take of Jicama Fennel Slaw.
- Use 1/4 of Julienned Jicama.
- Provide 1/4 of Julienned Cabbage.
- You need 1/2 of Julienned fennel.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lime zest.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of orange zest.
- Provide 1/2 of lime juiced.
- Get 1/2 of orange juiced.
- Provide of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Take to taste of honey.
Steps to make Mexican Rubbed Steak w/ Chorizo Potatoes & Mango Habanero Salsa:
- [Spice Rub].
- Take all the ingredients for the spice rub except for the salt and place them in a spice grinder (if you don't have one you can mix the spices together in a bowl, just make sure you use ground pepper not whole) and grind for a few seconds so the spices are all mixed together well..
- Take the steaks out and place on a tray, and season with salt on both sides and edges of the meat. Then apply a good amount of spice rub to all sides of the steak..
- The marinade is not fully needed since we already have a spice rub on the steak, but it does help to add another depth of flavor to the meat. All you need to do is squeeze all the citrus juices together in a separate bowl and apply it to both sides of the steak. Add the minced garlic, cilantro, chipotle and serrano to each steak..
- Keep the steak on the tray uncovered and place in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight..
- With the steak marinating we can start making the 2 sauces that are for this dish..
- [Mango Habanero Sauce].
- Blend mango and habaneros in blender until smooth add water if needed..
- Melt butter in saucepan on med heat, add garlic and cook for a minute or less. Add mango habanero mixture, ginger, vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper to sauce pan. cook for a few minutes..
- Add to blender and blend until smooth again. Add to sauce pan on low heat and cook for 4-5 minutes until thickened. Set sauce aside covered for use in plating..
- [Chili Sauce].
- I know the ingredients say roasted but just in case please roast the tomato and bellpepper..
- Add the dried chilies, Guajillos, Ancho, and Purya, to a sauce pan cover chilis with water and set to bowl on high heat until the chilis are soft and pliable..
- Add all the ingredients for the chili sauce into a blender and blend until nice and smooth. Taste the sauce and add additional salt if necessary..
- [Jicama Fennel Slaw].
- For this please julienne the cabbage, fennel, and jic
ama. Put them in a bowl and add the lime and orange zest on top..
- Squeeze the lime and orange juice in a separate bowl, add the mustard and you can also drizzle a little olive oil if you want to thicken up the dressing through emulsification. add the salt and honey at the end to taste. You don't want it to sweet or salty. Set the dressing aside until we plate.
- [Roasted chili Corn].
- Take the whole corns and cut out all the kernels..
- Take a saute pan on med high heat and add a little oil to the pan and start caramelizing the onions. when the onions start to get translucent add the corn and turn heat to high. Keep the flame until you see the corn start turning a little char on it, then reduce to medium and add the lime juice, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Pull off the flame and set aside covered so it stays warm..
- [Chorizo Potatoes].
- Peel and Dice up the potatoes, and set aside. (you can place the potatoes in some salt water so they don't oxidize)..
- Fully cook the chorizo on a saute pan on med heat, then add the potatoes and increase heat to med high, when they are browned, add the onions. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add the paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes more. Make sure the onions and potatoes don't burn, so turn the heat down if needed..
- [Cooking the Steak].
- Take the steak out of the fridge, 30 mins prior to cooking if possible. Set a cast iron on med high heat and some oil to the pan. When the oil starts to glisten add the steak on, you should hear the sizzle as soon as you lay down the meat..
- While 1 side is starting to cook add the butter until it melts down, then add the whole garlic, oregano (stems and all), cilantro, and guajillo chili pepper to the pan. This will flavor the butter..
- Check the meat and make sure the steak is browning with some nice char, if it is then flip it over. Put all of the items (garlic, oregano, guajillo, cilantro) on top of the steak, tilt the pan towards you and start butter basting the top of the steak. The pan should still be on the flame. This butter basting will get a lot of flavor and butter goodness on the steak..
- Flip when side is browned and charred and repeat above process. Keep in mind the doneness of the steak, if you want it at med rare, rare, you may have to pull out after 2nd side is cooked. When cooked pull out steak and let rest for at least 7 minutes..
- I add a some of the chili sauce on the middle of plate first. then lay the corn on top of the chili sauce. I add the potatoes to the middle of the corn. Take the rested steak and slice against the grain into strips and lay them on top of the potatoes. Take your slaw mixture add the dressing on top of the slaw and place to the side of the steak. Put the mango habanero sauce in a squeeze bottle and squeeze around the plate..
If you can't find Mexican chorizo, you can sub in any fresh, spicy sausage. Queso fresco is a mild white cheese that doesn't melt when heated. We love these delicious chorizo and thyme quesadillas from Mexican food expert Thomasina Miers, who is the celeb chef behind restaurant chain Wahaca. Steak "Mi Pueblito" w/ potato, bacon, onion & cheese. Turkey Gravy Cranberry Sauce Sweet Potatoes Stuffing Potatoes Green Beans Side Dishes Fresh homemade Mexican chorizo with warm spices and a vinegary tang is cooked until charred and crisp A quick, homemade chorizo needs barely any seasoning to form a delicious taco filling, but we add.
If you find this Mexican Rubbed Steak w/ Chorizo Potatoes & Mango Habanero Salsa recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.