Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Cash.
Until fairly recently any individual who expressed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has completely changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to adjust things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. Each and every family ought to start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. Continue reading for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
A lot of energy is actually wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones which might be more than ten years old. The correct temperature for food is 37F inside the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use less electricity. One more way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, due to the fact that the motor won’t have to go as often.
From the above it really should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is pretty easy to live green, after all. Typically, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe. You can have crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack):
- Take of easy winter warmers.
- Use 1 of ham shank.
- Prepare 500 grams of marrowfat dried peas.
- Use 7 of medium sized potatoes.
- Use 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 1 1/2 pints of cold water.
- Provide 1 tsp of baking powder or bicarbonate of soda.
Instructions to make Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack):
- Soak the ham shank in a pan of water overnight to dissolve any salt.
- Soak the dried peas in a bowl /pan/container over night with the baking powder/bicarbonate of soda.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 mins, once the water is bubbling.
- Drain the peas. Put in a colander and wash the water off (no need to dry) you will notice that the pess should have swollen to twice their size.
- Add the peas, ham shank, potatoes, salt and the cold water in to the crock pot/ slow cooker..
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Enjoy, this should stick to your ribs.
But you can add or subtract any veggies you like. Add chopped up ham for extra bulk and protein. This soup makes a huge batch, so if space is an issue in your Crock pot, I suggest cutting the recipe in half. This also freezes nicely so if you do. This post may contain affiliate links.
If you find this Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.