Chicken stuffed bell peppers. These Chicken Stuffed Peppers are filled with black beans, corn, onion, and brown rice — you pretty much have all the food groups in one bite! This was actually my first time eating/making stuffed bell peppers and I'm so glad I finally tried them! I hope you love them too!
Spoon half of the marinara sauce into the peppers. Keto chicken Parmesan stuffed bell peppers. Creamy Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken stuffed bell peppers. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
These Chicken Stuffed Peppers are filled with black beans, corn, onion, and brown rice — you pretty much have all the food groups in one bite! This was actually my first time eating/making stuffed bell peppers and I'm so glad I finally tried them! I hope you love them too!
Chicken stuffed bell peppers is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Chicken stuffed bell peppers is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken stuffed bell peppers using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken stuffed bell peppers:
- Make ready 4 of medium red pepper, cut in half, seeds removed.
- Make ready 2 tsp of Olive oil.
- Get 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Take 4 of chicken breasts, cut into small cubes.
- Get 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp of cumin.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of ground pepper.
- Make ready 1 cup of no sugar added tomato sauce.
- Take 2 cups of cooked brown rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of chickpeas, canned, drained.
- Take 1 cup of frozen corn kernels.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of fresh cilantro, or lemon thyme (for garnish).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Make ready 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Update the classic stuffed bell pepper recipe with a tangy chicken, couscous, and goat cheese salad, instead of the traditional ground beef and rice. Broiling the peppers before filling brings out their sweet and smoky flavor and keeps them from ending up either soggy or undercooked. Chicken stuffed peppers are wonderful because bell peppers are easy vegetables to be stuffed unlike cabbage leaves, hence lazy cabbage rolls. My mom loved making chicken stuffed peppers.
Steps to make Chicken stuffed bell peppers:
- Preheat oven 375°F. Place bell pepper in a glass dish, spray with olive oil and cook for 25 minutes.
- Cook brown rice according to package.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, onions, garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, cumin, chilli powder, salt, pepper. Cook, stir frequently, for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink..
- Add tomato sauce, beans, corn, lime juice, fresh herbs and rice. Reduce heat to med-low and cook another 3-5 minutes..
- Scoop chicken mixture into bell peppers, evenly. Add cheese, cover with foil and bake another 15-20 minutes. Remove foil, bake another 3 minutes. Or broil..
- Serve and sprinkle with fresh herbs !.
As a kid I loved the stuffing but didn't like the soft baked bell peppers. Chicken mixed with Thai flavors inside of a pepper! Spoon the mixture into the peppers. Chicken stuffed bell peppers are most definitely a healthy eating classic (at least in my book). This is one of my favorite meals that is protein packed.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken stuffed bell peppers recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!