Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Money.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has fully changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. These types of adjustments need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen area more green.
A lot of energy is wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not operating efficiently. When you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old models which might be more than ten years old. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, in conjunction with 0F for the freezer, will certainly save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. You can minimize how often the motor has to run by regularly cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
From the above it should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite easy to live green, all things considered. Mostly, all it requires is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to katsudon or could be oyako don – japanese staple dish recipe. You can have katsudon or could be oyako don – japanese staple dish using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish:
- Provide 1/2 of yellow onion.
- Use 1 of tonkatsu (1/2 if big) or 1 thighs.
- Provide 2 of good quality eggs.
- Get 1 table spoon of dashi powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of mirin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of shoyu (soy sauce).
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
Instructions to make Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish:
- Slice onion. In a pan, heat 1/2 cup water and add dashi and mirin. When boiled, add onion and cook low heat for 10 minutes. Add sugar and shoyu. Taste and add more shoyu if needed..
- Cut the tonkatsu bite size and place on top of the onion and cook a few minutes. Many Asian supermarket sells tonkatsu. This is panko breaded fried pork. For oyako don, replace this with chicken thighs. Cook for 5 minutes till chicken is cooked..
- In a bowl, mix eggs very roughly and pour over the tonkatsu. Rise to medium heat for 20 seconds then high heat for 20-30 seconds till eggs look 70% cooked. Stop the heat..
- Put one cup rice in a bowl. Carefully top the katsu/egg on the rice. Try to slide from the pot on top of the rice. Sprinkle hichimi (Japanese seven spice chilli powder).
If you find this Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.