Masala Dosa. Masala dosa recipe – Make perfect, aromatic and great masala dosas at home with this video and Masala dosa is one of the most popular South Indian breakfast dishes served in restaurants and tiffin. Masala dosa (Food Safari Earth)Source: Food Safari Earth. Very few dishes come close to the mix of the light crispy, slightly spongy dosa with its mild fermented tang, filled with the most glorious spicy.
This is my favorite in my childhood days. Mysore masala dosa recipe explained with step by step pictures and a quick video. Mysore masala dosa is a very popular breakfast recipe from Mysore, Karnataka, India.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, masala dosa. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Masala Dosa is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Masala Dosa is something which I have loved my entire life.
Masala dosa recipe – Make perfect, aromatic and great masala dosas at home with this video and Masala dosa is one of the most popular South Indian breakfast dishes served in restaurants and tiffin. Masala dosa (Food Safari Earth)Source: Food Safari Earth. Very few dishes come close to the mix of the light crispy, slightly spongy dosa with its mild fermented tang, filled with the most glorious spicy.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have masala dosa using 58 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Masala Dosa:
- Make ready of For Dosa Batter.
- Make ready 3 Cups of – Idli Rava.
- Prepare 1 Cup of – Urad Dal.
- Take 1/2 Cup of – Soaked Poha.
- Prepare As required of – Water.
- Get 1 tsp of – Fenugreek Seeds.
- Make ready As required of – Salt.
- Prepare of For Sambar.
- Make ready 1 cup of – Toor dal (Washed).
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of – Diced Carrots.
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of – Diced Red Pumpkin.
- Get 1/2 Cup of – Diced Suran.
- Get 3-4 of – Slit Okra.
- Make ready 1 of – Drumstick.
- Make ready 2 of – Tomatoes (Pureed).
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of – Tamarind Pulp.
- Make ready 1 tsp of – turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tsp of – Red Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of – Sambar Masala.
- Take As required of – Oil for frying veggies.
- Prepare As required – of Water.
- Prepare As per taste of – Salt.
- Prepare of For temporing.
- Prepare 5-6 of – Curry leaves.
- Make ready 1 tsp of – Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2-3 of – Whole dried red chillies.
- Get As required of – oil for tempering.
- Prepare 1 pinch of – Asafoetida.
- Take of For Potato Bhaji.
- Prepare 5-6 of – Large Potatoes (Boiled and Peeled).
- Prepare 2 of – Vertically sliced Onions.
- Prepare 2-3 of – Vertically slit green chillies.
- Make ready 1 inch of – Grated Ginger.
- Take 5-6 of – Curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 pinch of – Asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 tsp of – Urad Dal.
- Get 1 tsp of – Turmeric powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of – Mustard seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare As required of – Oil.
- Prepare As required of – water.
- Make ready As per taste – of Salt.
- Get As required of – Chopped Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Take of For Coconut Chutney.
- Take 1 of – Coconut washed and Peeled.
- Get 1/2 cup of Phutana Dal.
- Take 1 tbsp of – Roasted Peanut Powder.
- Prepare Handful of – Coriander leaves.
- Prepare 2-4 of – Green chillies.
- Take 2-4 of – Garlic cloves.
- Get As required of – Water.
- Take As per Taste of – Salt.
- Prepare of Chutney temporing (Optional).
- Prepare As required of – oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of – Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of – Urad dal.
- Prepare 3-4 of – Curry leaves.
- Get 2-3 of – Dried red chili.
A properly made crisp and savory Indian dosa is wonderfully delicious, and fairly simple to make at home, with this caveat: the batter. Make super crispy Masala Dosa at home with this easy dosa batter at home! This is a one bowl batter which is made using a high speed blender and then fermented in the Instant Pot..dosa recipe, where dosa is made crisp and stuffed with potato masala. it is perhaps one of the many varieties with subtle variations. under dosa category, the most popular variation is masala dosa. Masala dosa recipe with step by step photos.
Instructions to make Masala Dosa:
- For Dosa -.
- Wash and rinse 2-3 times Urad dal and idli rava..
- Soak Idli rava and urad dal in enough water in separate vessel. Add 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds in urad dal. Cover with a lid. Soak for 7-8 hours..
- In a Katori soak half cup Poha. Keep aside.
- After 7-8 hours grind idli rava and soaked Poha into a smooth paste. Transfer in a big bowl. Similarly grind urad dal and Fenugreek Seeds into a smooth paste and add to the same bowl that has idli rava paste..
- Now mix gently in one direction with a ladle. Cover and let the batter ferment for 8-9 hours..
- After 8-9 hours Fermented batter will be frothy and doubled. Add a tsp of salt in batter and mix gently again..
- Now use this batter for making Idli 1st day, Dosa – 2nd day and Appe or Uttapam – 3rd day.
- Heat a Non-stick pan or iron dosa griddle, spread some butter to make it greasy. Usually people use half cut onion Soaked in oil for greasing the tawa.
- Now add 2 ladle full of dosa batter and start spreading as thin as possible in circular motion..
- Add a tsp of oil or butter. Let the Dosa cook till it's crispy and done..
- For Sambar.
- Pressure cook toor dal by adding turmeric powder and salt for 3-4 whistles..
- In a pan heat oil and add all Sambar vegetables – Carrots, Pumpkin, Suran and Okra.(Don't add drumsticks). Add a pinch of salt. Cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Now in cooked dal add fried vegetables, Sambar Masala, Tamarind Pulp, Tomato Puree, Drumsticks and red chili powder. Adjust Salt. Pressure cook again for 1 whistle..
- For Sambar Temporing – Heat Oil add Mustard seeds let it crackle, add Asafoetida, curry leaves, dried red chillies and a pinch of red chili powder..
- Pour this temporing over Cooked Sambar. Sambar is ready to serve.
- Dosa Bhaji.
- In a pan heat oil, add Mustard seeds and let it crackle, now add Asafoetida, urad dal, curry leaves and mix, add sliced Green chillies, grated ginger, sliced Onions and mix again..
- Now add turmeric powder, boiled potatoes (roughly smashed with hands leaving some big chunks), water and salt..
- Cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add coriander leaves. Dosa bhaji is ready to serve..
- Coconut Chutney.
- Wash and peel coconut, cut it into thin slices. Add in a mixer ginder. Now add into grinder – Phutana Dal, rosated peanut powder, coriander leaves, garlic cloves, green chillies, water and salt. Grind into a smooth paste add water if required..
- Heat oil splutter Mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and red dried chillies. Pour this temporing over Chutney. Chutney is ready to serve.
- Dosa Platter – Add Dosa, Sambar, Chutney and Dosa Bhaji (Either separately or inside the Dosa).
- Thank you and enjoy this delicious South Indian cuisine. Do leave your Remarks / Comments / Suggestions..
- Follow for more Delicious recipes on – Cookpad.
Masala dosa is crispy rice & lentil crepes that are stuffed with a spiced and savory potato filling. It is made by soaking and grinding lentils and rice batter. Kerala Masala Dosa is one of the healthiest breakfast from South India. Though some love to have masala Masala dosa is the most popular breakfast of Kerala, you got to any vegetarian or even. This Masala Dosa Recipe will help you make tasty, aromatic and just perfect masala dosa at home.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food masala dosa recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!