Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Genny Johnson's Homemade Vanilla Ice-cream recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Genny Johnson's Homemade Vanilla Ice-cream recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Boost Your Mood.
Many of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are not good and to be avoided. Sometimes, if the comfort food is candy or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, comfort foods can be perfectly nourishing and good for us to consume. There are some foods that basically can boost your moods when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You knew green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid actually stimulates brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while at the same time relaxing the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not hard to get healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are aware that it helps you to raise your moods also!
See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try these hints instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to genny johnson's homemade vanilla ice-cream recipe. You can have genny johnson's homemade vanilla ice-cream using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Genny Johnson's Homemade Vanilla Ice-cream:
- Get 8 of eggs.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 2 1/2 quarts of half and half.
- Take 3 tablespoons of plus 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1 box of ice-cream salt.
- You need 20 pounds of crushed/cubed ice.
Instructions to make Genny Johnson's Homemade Vanilla Ice-cream:
- Begin by placing the tank, dasher and lid into the refrigerator to get it nice and cold. All ingredients should be cold also..
- In a large bowl – add eggs, sugar and salt. Use a hand mixer to blend until the sugar is dissolved. The mixture will be fluffy..
- Add half and half and vanilla and mix..
- Cover mixture and place in refrigerator for one hour or longer, or you can got to step 5 now..
- Place dasher into tank, pour mix into tank, but do not fill past 2/3 full..
- Place tank in tub, attach motor and lock in place. Plug in and begin to churn while adding ice and salt. Add 2" of ice and sprinkle 1/2 cup of rock salt around ice. Continue adding ice and salt in layers until the tub is full. Set timer for 30 minutes. The ice will settle so you will need to keep adding ice and a bit of salt to keep the tub filled. You want to keep the tank lid covered in ice until the ice-cream is finished churning..
- How long it takes to churn the ice-cream depends on two things. Outside temperature/humidity, and salt to ice ratio. Too much salt and the ice melts too fast, takes longer with a pudding texture. Too little salt and the ice-cream freezes too quickly and it will be grainy/ice crystals. It's a trial and error but it should take no less than 25 minutes, nor more than 40 minutes to churn..
- Once the motor stops, or 40 minutes has elapsed, stop and remove the motor. You can cover the entire unit with heavy blankets or insulation to allow the ice-cream to "ripen". Serve immediately, remove ice-cream from the tank and put into large plastic containers with lids and then place in a freezer to "ripen". At least one hour, up to two hours. This term is used to describe how the taste gets better as the ice-cream sits for a period of time..
I seriously don't know anyone who doesn't like vanilla ice cream? It's boss all by itself yet the perfect base for EVERY flavor under the sun. Pour into ice cream freezer and freeze using rock salt and ice. Great with homemade hot fudge sauce. Here at our house no other ice cream comes through the door except "Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream," recently due to the high cost of Ice Cream I have been searching everywhere on. -Make a delicious, fast ice cream. -Learn new skills of cooking.
If you find this Genny Johnson's Homemade Vanilla Ice-cream recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.