Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chilli Chicken Wraps recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chilli Chicken Wraps recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chilli Chicken Wraps recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Deciding to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chilli chicken wraps recipe. To cook chilli chicken wraps you need 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Chilli Chicken Wraps:
- Prepare 3 medium of Chicken Breasts.
- Take 1 bunch of Spring Onions.
- Use 1 of Thumbsize fresh Ginger.
- Provide 3 clove of Garlic.
- Provide 2 of Bird eye chillies.
- Take 4 tbsp of Honey.
- Take 1 dash of Vinegar or Lemon juice.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Use 1 of Fresh ground salt & pepper.
- Provide 150 grams of Cream cheese or sour cream.
- You need 1 of Family size sweet leaf salad.
- Use 6 medium of Pitta breads.
Steps to make Chilli Chicken Wraps:
- Roughly chop spring onions, ginger, garlic & chilli then pulse in food processor with the oil, vinegar (or Lemon juice is better) and 1tbsp of the honey..
- Alternatively, finely chop and mix by hand..
- Add the rest of the honey then season and taste until you are happy with the sweet/salt balance. Adding the rest of the honey at this point stops everything from blending so easily in the processor and turning into mush. You want more of a chutney than a sauce..
- Feel free to adjust the heat levels too. Different chillis have different heats but I find bird eye to be quite consistent. Golden Cayennes work really well with this dish..
- Dice the chicken into roughly 1 inch chunks and marinade in the mixture (I tend to put it in the processor jug to save on washing up!) If the chicken is partly frozen and you use scissors, this bit is crazy easy..
- At this point you can let it sit for as long as you want to marinade but I recommend at least an hour. This gives you time to divide up the salad, and cream cheese between two plates and toast the Pitta breads. You can easily make your own salad if you wish. Grated carrot, Grated white cabbage, julienned cucumber and peppers are great with some fresh salad leaves..
- Now all you need to do is heat a decent frying pan with a little oil ready for the chicken..
- If you can, drain the chicken from the marinade and reserve whatever you drain (you can leave most of the marinade on the chicken but there should be some runny juice that has settled).
- Add the chicken to the pan and keep stirring now and again until the spring onions have given up all their juice and everything starts to become sticky..
- At this point, add the reserved marinade juice to the pan and stir through. You want it to caramelise a nice golden brown so just let it sit 20 seconds and give it a toss. It should be golden underneath. Repeat until relatively even in colour but don't burn it!.
- Share out the chicken and eat! I find it best to spread some cream cheese inside the Pitta, add a good amount of chicken then top up with the salad..
- Enjoy =) This marinade works really well for barbecuing too. Also, there should be what I like to call Chilli chutney left in the pan when you scrape the chicken out. Nice caramelised chunks of marinade stuck together. Don't waste it! Get it in the pittas. Or better still, get a spinach leaf, put a small dollop of cream cheese in along with a dollop of the chutney. Roll up and eat!.
If you find this Chilli Chicken Wraps recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.