French Toast for One.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, french toast for one. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
French Toast for One is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. French Toast for One is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook french toast for one using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make French Toast for One:
- Make ready 2 of thick slices of bread (~ 3/4"). I like brioche, challah, and Texas toast. Slightly stale is even better.
- Prepare of extra maple syrup or powdered sugar to finish.
- Make ready of butter for cooking.
- Take of Custard ingredients:.
- Make ready 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whole milk (If you like it richer, you can use half and half or cream. If lighter, lowfat milk.).
- Get 1 pinch of kosher salt.
- Prepare a few of grinds (or small pinch) of cinnamon.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or sugar.
Steps to make French Toast for One:
- In a medium bowl, mix all the custard ingredients and beat or whisk until thoroughly combined. (Sometimes I like to pick out the chalaza, which is the twisty white cord from the egg.).
- Pour the custard mixture in a baking dish and soak your bread in the custard, flipping after about 20 seconds to make sure both sides absorb the mixture..
- Preheat your frypan to medium, melt about a Tablespoon of butter on it and spread it around..
- Cook your French Toast for about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until each side is golden brown, and the center of the bread has firmed up from the custard cooking through. If you see that the toast is browning too quickly for the custard to cook through without burning the toast, turn the heat down just a bit..
- If you can't fit both whole pieces of bread on your pan or griddle, cutting the bread slices in half might enable you to arrange them so you can cook them in one batch..
- Enjoy with a drizzle of maple syrup or sprinkling of powdered sugar. :).
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food french toast for one recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!