Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Katsudon recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Katsudon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Katsudon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Saving Money Within the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who portrayed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared obligation we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are unable to change things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. These types of adjustments need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
Although it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave rather than in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and possibly this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it relates to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of energy and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses a lot more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. A dishwasher is specifically effective when it’s full before a cycle is commenced. By cool drying or perhaps air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living is not that hard. It’s concerning being practical, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to katsudon recipe. To cook katsudon you only need 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Katsudon:
- Take 2 sheets of Tonkatsu.
- Use 100 g of onion.
- Get 2 tbsp of soy sauce : (A).
- Get 2 tbsp of Mirin (2 tbsp Sake/white wine + 1 tsp sugar) : (A).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dashi powder : (A).
- Get 50 mL of water : (A).
- Use 2 cups of freshly cooked rice (as much as you want!).
- Get of for topping pickled ginger (optional).
Steps to make Katsudon:
- Cut the onion into 5 mm wedges. Slice the Tonkatsu about 1.5 cm width..
- Beat the eggs in a bowl..
- Mix the condiments (A) in a frying pan. Heat the frying pan until it comes to a boil..
- Add the cut onion to the frying pan. Simmer them over medium heat for a few minutes..
- Place the Tonkatsu evenly in the frying pan. Then pour the beaten eggs evenly on the surface and simmer for about 2~3 minutes. Then put a lid over the frying pan and turn the heat off. Leave the frying pan for a few minutes..
- Serve the freshly cooked rice in a bowl and serve the meal over the rice..
If you find this Katsudon recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.