Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Grandma's Chocolate Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Grandma's Chocolate Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Grandma's Chocolate Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Lowering costs Within the Kitchen.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. Each and every family should start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Probably the food just isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. Maybe the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of energy and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. Many people mistakenly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses less energy than a dishwasher. You get the highest energy savings by completely loading the dishwasher ahead of commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes with heat, utilize the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living just isn’t that difficult. Typically, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to grandma's chocolate pie recipe. To make grandma's chocolate pie you need 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Grandma's Chocolate Pie:
- Provide of The Filling.
- Get 1/2 cup of + 1Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Take 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- Take 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 6 of egg yolks.
- Provide 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare of Meringue and garnish.
- Use 6 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Get 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Take 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Provide 2 tsp of grated chocolate for garnish.
Steps to make Grandma's Chocolate Pie:
- priick pie crust with fork to prevent bubbling, then bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until crust is golden.
- in sauce pan, combine cocoa powder, corn starch, and sugar.
- gradually add milk while stirring.
- heat until thick and bubbly, stirring continuously.
- reduce heat, cook for two minutes more. remove from heat.
- beat eggs yolks slightly, gradually stir in 1 cup of hot mixture.
- return egg mixture to saucepan.
- bring to boil while stirring.
- cook for two minutes more, remove from heat.
- stir in butter and vanilla.
- pour into baked pie crust.
- allow to cool completely before topping with meringue.
- FOR THE MERINGUE.
- in a metal bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- gradually add sugar, beat until stiff peaks form.
- top cooled pie with meringue and sprinkle on grated chocolate.
- bake in oven at 350°F for 8- 12 minutes, until top is golden..
- serve and enjoy..
Mix cocoa, cornstarch, beaten egg yolks; sugar and salt and vanilla, then add milk gradually, while stirring in a pot over med-high heat. This chocolate cream pie recipe was handed down from my grandma, and has been making this sweet dessert for years. This Chocolate Meringue Pie recipe belonged to my Grandma Zola, you can't go wrong with Pie is one of my favorite desserts. There are a lot of pie recipes I love, but I think there is nothing quite like a. Let your nostalgia run wild with this simple and delicious chocolate pie that will most likely bring back memories of your grandma's … There are at least two of Grandma's recipes that are essential at every Stevens family holiday meal: Grandma's Rolls and Chocolate Rum Pie.
If you find this Grandma's Chocolate Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.