Mom's Gado-gado Padang (Cooked Mixed Veges w/ Peanut sauce) 🇮🇩. Gado Gado – fun to say, delicious to eat, this traditional Indonesian salad is probably the only recipe where you can put the words "blanched vegetables" and That Gado Gado peanut sauce is a miracle worker! A Bali food favourite, it's healthy and endlessly versatile. Use ANY vegetables – raw or cooked!
It takes a bit of time to come up with. It's typically made with vegetables, protein (such as egg, tempeh, and/or Next comes the peanut sauce! Simply whisk peanut butter, tamari, lime juice, maple syrup, and chili garlic sauce in a mixing bowl.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, mom's gado-gado padang (cooked mixed veges w/ peanut sauce) 🇮🇩. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Gado Gado – fun to say, delicious to eat, this traditional Indonesian salad is probably the only recipe where you can put the words "blanched vegetables" and That Gado Gado peanut sauce is a miracle worker! A Bali food favourite, it's healthy and endlessly versatile. Use ANY vegetables – raw or cooked!
Mom's Gado-gado Padang (Cooked Mixed Veges w/ Peanut sauce) 🇮🇩 is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Mom's Gado-gado Padang (Cooked Mixed Veges w/ Peanut sauce) 🇮🇩 is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have mom's gado-gado padang (cooked mixed veges w/ peanut sauce) 🇮🇩 using 42 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mom's Gado-gado Padang (Cooked Mixed Veges w/ Peanut sauce) 🇮🇩:
- Prepare 4 of med potatoes peeled,slice thickly,put in a doubl pot steam 20'.
- Take of Cabbage slice largely,cook in a saucepan with 2 tbs water for 5'.
- Make ready of French beans precook first: to steam on a double pots for 16' or.
- Make ready of Spinach or Kangkung blanched in saucepan with 2 tbs water for 5'.
- Get 2 of Bean Curds: cut in 1/2 then slice thickly,.
- Prepare of then fry in the wok filled with a hot oil, fry until golden.
- Take 100 g of Bean sprouts, pouring hot water to soften.
- Make ready 2 of carrots cut thin shape1×2.5cm,boil in saucepan little water 5'.
- Prepare 1 of big onion chopped finely, fried until half brown in a hot oil,.
- Prepare of Divided in half and half; other half onions.
- Make ready of are for decoration &these has to continue to fry till dark brown.
- Prepare 1/2 of Cucumber sliced.
- Take 4 of Small bunches of soft Lettuce (optional).
- Make ready 4 of eggs boiled for 6 min, peeled, cut into segments.1 egg/person.
- Get 4 cups of Warm water from the kettle as needed.
- Prepare 1-2 Tbs of soft brown sugar.
- Get of Kerupuk emping or Kerupuk merah/red: cracker chips to put on top.
- Make ready of or Cassava chips (from cassava root) sold in supermarket.
- Make ready of KETUPAT cakes (press cooked rice) or LONTONG rice.
- Take of Banana large leaf as base bed place on top of the plate.
- Prepare of How to make PEANUT sauce:.
- Make ready 500 gr of raw peeled Peanuts.
- Take of Rice Bran Oil ('Alfa one' brand, good for food).
- Prepare of In a wok put 1 inch oil, heat the oil,then add the peanuts, keep.
- Get of stirring & fry till change slightly the peanut's colour(beidge),.
- Make ready of then quickly remove the wok,drain the oil. Let cool the peanuts.
- Make ready of Other ingredients for the Peanut Sauce:.
- Take 3/4 cup of can Coconut Cream (optional).
- Make ready 300 mls of or more water from the kettle.
- Make ready 2 of Bay leaves (Daun salam).
- Make ready 3 of lemons/kaffir lime leaves, teared at sides of the leaves.
- Take 2 Tbs of Sweet Soy sauce (Kecap manis).
- Take 4 tbs of Java coconut sugar(dark brown sugar, toffee flav) or.
- Take 2 tbs of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt or more.
- Get 2 tbs of tamarind paste or 2 tbs white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 3 of lemon/lime leaves, teared at sides leaves.
- Prepare of Spicy paste for the Peanut sauce:.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- Make ready 10 of fresh red chillies.
- Get 2 cm of square slice terasi,fry dried on saucepan for 7" each side.
- Prepare of (or 1 tsp dried shrimp paste/mackerel fish paste).
Great recipe for Indonesian Salad w/ Peanut Sauce (Gado-Gado). I'd like to introduce a salad from my country. Most of the salads from Indonesia are Most of the salads from Indonesia are served with peanut sauce. I chosed the simplest one to post here.
Steps to make Mom's Gado-gado Padang (Cooked Mixed Veges w/ Peanut sauce) 🇮🇩:
- Prepare the spicy paste: In a food processor put garlic, fresh chillies and the warm dried terasi..
- In a food processor put the cooled fried peanuts. Grind them until become a crunchy butter texture..
- In a wok on stove on medium heat put the water q.b., put the warm water, add the half fried cooked onions, spicy paste, peanut crunchy butter, bay leaves, lemon leaves, salt, jawa coconut sugar, soft brown sugar, sweet soy sauce or and coconut cream, tamarind paste or white wine vinegar: stirring all together & slowly bring to boil then lower down the heat, keep stirring. Put extra water if necessary to not having a concentrated gravy sauce. Taste the season, vinegar & the sugar..
- Cook gently for 2 minutes more. Turn off the heat. Pour the hot peanut sauce in a big serving jar. (When ready to serve on individual dish: pour the peanut sauce abundantly all over on the top of the veges)..
- To serve for 4 peoples: put the softened banana leaf on individual plate. Divide all the vegetables display nicely on each plate: arrange cooked potatoes over the banana as bed, then on top put the cabbage then French beans or a little of spinach, bean curd slices, cucumber, bean sprouts or carrots.Insert the lettuce on the side.On top of veges put a few of the Kerupuk on one side, sprinkle the dark brown dried fried onion on top centre, put the boiled eggs segments on top other side of the dish.
- Finally the gado-gado dish is completed arranged. Lastly pour abundantly the peanut sauce all over top. To those lover of extra hot: a put on the table a jar of Sambal Oelek..
You can chose any veges you'd like to have. Bumbu sambal gado-gado sauce made from selected peanuts and other high quality spice with hygienic processing. – Cut the gado-gado sauce to simplify the melt. Gado-gado literally means "mix mix" since gado-gado is the plural word of gado, so gado-gado means mixes. While in West Java (around Bandung and Bogor), the sellers will combine ground peanuts and spices, grind them in a mortar and pestle, add the cooked vegetables, mix them. Making gado-gado sa
uce is very easy if you use a food processor like I did.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mom's gado-gado padang (cooked mixed veges w/ peanut sauce) 🇮🇩 recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!