Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Making the decision to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of simple changes.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you currently eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sage fried chicken and waffles recipe. You can have sage fried chicken and waffles using 36 ingredients and 39 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles:
- Prepare of Sage Fried Chicken.
- Get of oil for deep frying.
- Provide of flour.
- Use of corn starch.
- Use of lightly crushed cornflakes.
- Take of eggs (beaten for an egg wash).
- Get of season all or old bay seasoning.
- Take of fresh sage, finely chopped (I used dry sage).
- Take of bone-in, skinless chicken breasts. (if you prefer use boneless).
- Provide of Waffles.
- You need of flour.
- Use of Sugar.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Get of buttermilk.
- You need of milk.
- Provide of melted butter.
- Take of baking powder.
- Take of salt.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Get of hardwood smoked bacon cooked. ( I didn't have hardwood smoked bacon so I used smoked pancetta cooked).
- Take of Leeks and Onions.
- Prepare of Spring onions (more or less depending on your preference).
- Use of leeks (more or less depending on your preference).
- Prepare of oil for deep frying (you can use the oil that will be used for the chicken).
- Get of BBQ Sauce.
- Provide of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare of Brown sugar.
- Take of finely chopped garlic /or paste.
- You need of sriracha sauce.
- Provide of corn starch to thicken (Add more or less depending on your desired consistency).
- Provide of cold water.
- Use of Plate Creating Time.
- Use of finely chopped red or yellow bell Peppers/ or a mixture of both..
- You need of Warm maple syrup (more or less depending on preferences).
- Prepare of skewers.
- You need of Rosemary (optional as its only to garnish).
Steps to make Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles:
- *chicken cooking process**.
- Place each individual piece of chicken in a zip lock bag and lightly pound to flatten the thicker sides of the chicken so that each piece is evenly thick. (This method is better with boneless pieces).
- I part cooked the chicken by bringing it to the boil with a pinch of seasoned salt for about 10-12 minutes. Then let it cool down before coating in the batter..
- Mix the corn starch, flour, cornflakes, sage and season all and place in a shallow bowl..
- Place the egg wash in another shallow bowl..
- Heat the oil to 360°F..
- Dip and coat evenly the chicken pieces in the egg wash then in the flour mixture..
- Deep fry the chicken for 6-7 minutes (boneless), 9-10 minutes (bone-in) or until is has cooked through..
- Once cooked drain on kitchen roll to remove excess fat..
- *waffle cooking process**.
- While the chicken is frying move onto the waffles. Preheat the waffle iron..
- If you don't have buttermilk you can make your own as I did. For every 1 cup of milk add 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar or lemon juice then let it rest for at least 5 minutes before adding to the mixture..
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside..
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients making sure to break up the eggs and mix them in..
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until theres only a few lumps left (Add a bit more water or milk if the mixture is a tad too thick)..
- Spray the waffle iron with oil..
- Spoon the waffle mixture onto the hot iron making sure the batter fills all corners of the waffle iron..
- Lay 2-4 pieces of bacon diagonally across each waffle batch..
- Close the waffle iron and cook until golden and cripsy..
- Cut the waffles apart once cooked..
- *fried onion and leeks**.
- The recipe stated to fry these before the chicken. Personally I don't think it matters as they take so little time to cook..
- Cut the onion and leeks very thinly into strips..
- Fry in a deep fat fryer until golden and crispy..
- Once its done drain on kitchen roll..
- *bbq sauce**.
- In a small saucepan mix all the ingredients (minus the cornstarch and water) and bring to the boil then reduce the heat to simmer..
- Mix the water and cornstarch together to make a slurry mixture. Then mix it into the bbq sauce..
- Simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until it thickens up a little bit more..
- *bring it all together**.
- On a plate layer 2 bacon waffles then top with a chicken piece..
- Secure the waffles and chicken with a skewer..
- Next add a handful of the fried leeks and Onions on top of your stack..
ribble a little of the bbq sauce on the stack and on the plate..
- Skewer your stack with the rosemary and a steak knife (optional)..
- Garnish with a handful of chopped peppers..
- Warm the maple syrup either in the microwave on 30 second intervals or on the stove in a small saucepan. Do not let it boil..
- Lastly, serve with maple syrup on the side of the plate (put in a small side bowl). Don't drizzle yourself, let each individual do it themselves..
- Once your happy with your designer dish serve up..
Fried chicken tenders, bacon, Cheddar cheese, and a sweet and spicy mayo are sandwiched between two waffles. Chicken-fried chicken might sound redundant, but frying up pounded butterflied chicken breasts and serving them with cream gravy did first emerge These savory, Mexican-inspired chicken and waffles are a far cry from the traditional version of the dish. Ever wonder what to do with all the sourdough discard leftover from feeding your starter? Look no further than this chicken and waffles recipe. Simply add a little bit of discard to your batter for a delicious brunch with a unique twist.
If you find this Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.