Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Japanese Chawanmushi (Steamed Egg Custard) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Japanese Chawanmushi (Steamed Egg Custard) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Japanese Chawanmushi (Steamed Egg Custard) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy and balanced.
Make smart choices when grocery shopping. When you make wise choices at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier immediately. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a busy store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to get home quickly and eat something beneficial. Fill your pantry shelves with nutritious foods. By doing this, even when you determine that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get wholesome. An expensive gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Trying to get in as much exercise as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your health levels. You need your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to japanese chawanmushi (steamed egg custard) recipe. You can have japanese chawanmushi (steamed egg custard) using 5 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Japanese Chawanmushi (Steamed Egg Custard):
- Use 2 of Egg (It was 115g this time).
- You need 345 of g(115g×3) Hot water.
- Prepare 1 of Chicken stock cube(Consomme cube).
- Use of Any of your favorite ingredients.
- Get of ☆This time I used Japanese honeywort("Mitsuba") and Japanese fish cake("Kamaboko").
Instructions to make Japanese Chawanmushi (Steamed Egg Custard):
- Cut ingredients (honeywort and Japanese fish cake) in small pieces..
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and weigh them. (It was 115g for 2 eggs this time.).
- Prepare 345g(=115g×3) of hot water. Mix a chicken stock cube with the water. (Since each stock cube brand has different taste, please adjust the amount of a stock.).
- ☆Tip 1☆ The ratio of egg and soup (chicken stock soup this time) should be "1: 3"!! This is a key to make a beautiful Chawanmushi! Since 2 eggs were 115g this time, we need 115g×3=345g of soup should be mixed together..
- ☆Tip 2☆ After measuring the amount of soup, please leave it for a while and cool it. If you don't have time, you can put ice cubes in a bowl and carefully put the bowl with soup inside..
- Pour water to a pot or pan(until around 3cm height) and sink a cloth. Boil the water. ☆Tip 3☆ By placing a cloth inside boiled water, it will avoid the cups to tremble and the surface of Chawanmushi will be smoother..
- Put ingredients into a heat resistant cups. ☆Tip 4☆ Choose small cups. If you cook with a large cup or plate, it will take a lot more time to heat until inside and more chance to fail..
- Once the chicken soup gets cool, mix it with eggs..
- ☆Tip 5☆ Pour the mixture of egg with soup into each cup with using a colander. This is optional but you will get a smoother texture..
- ☆Tip 6☆ Cover the cups tightly with aluminum foil..
- ☆Tip 7☆ Put the cups in a boiling pot and cover with lid(Do not open the gap). <Cook 3 minutes on a medium high heat, 10 minutes on a low heat, stop heat and steam for 3 minutes.>.
- Tilt a cup. If the soup is clear, it's done!.
If you find this Japanese Chawanmushi (Steamed Egg Custard) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.