Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, simply making some minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. One heart-healthy option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jalapeño-cheddar beef mac w/ caramelized red onion corn muffins recipe. To cook jalapeño-cheddar beef mac w/ caramelized red onion corn muffins you only need 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins:
- Provide 1 lb of macaroni noodles.
- Take 2 C of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Provide 4 T of butter.
- Take 2 T of flour.
- Prepare 2 C of milk.
- Take 1 of roasted red bell pepper.
- Take 1 pinch of sugar.
- Get 4 of jalapeños; small dice.
- Use 1 of red onion; small dice.
- Get 1 C of sweet corn.
- Use 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 t of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 t of onion powder.
- Take 1 t of cumin.
- Use 1/2 t of garlic powder.
- You need 1 box of Jiffy corn mix.
- Provide 1 of egg.
- Get 1/3 C of milk.
- Use as needed of vegetable oil.
- Prepare as needed of olive oil.
- You need as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
Steps to make Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins:
- Cook noodles until al dente in boiling, salted water. Drain. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil or melted butter over the noodles..
- Heat a medium sized saucepot with no oil or butter. Add ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder..
- Lay jalapeños and half the onions atop beef. Cook both sides over high heat until browned..
- Add diced tomatoes. Stir. Cook 2 minutes. Add corn and fold in..
- Melt 4 T butter in a seperate saucepot. When butter begins to slightly bubble, add flour slowly while whisking. Cook 1 minute. Add milk while whisking. Continue to whisk and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until mixture reduces slightly..
- Puree roasted bell pepper with a pinch of salt, sugar, and enough olive oil just for a smooth consistency, about a tablespoon..
- Add bell pepper puree and cheese slowly while whisking. Cook 2 minutes..
- Combine cheese sauce, beef, and noodles. Stir together..
- For corn muffins, pour enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of a small saute pan. Add remaining onions and a pinch of salt and sugar. Cook on high heat for 1 minute, then reduce to low heat and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Follow instructions for Jiffy corn muffins and fold in caramelized onions..
- Variations; Bell peppers, poblano, ancho, habanero, bacon, paprika, smoked cumin, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, coriander, zucchini, yellow squash, scallions, chives, spinach, arugula, asiago, fontina, gruyere, parmesean, romano, heavy cream, chihuahua cheese, chili powder, serrano, chipotle, garlic, shallots, pearl onion, piquillo peppers, avocado, coconut, butternut squash.
If you find this Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.