Tangzhong Milk Bread. How to make the softest Hokkaido japanese milk bread without stand mixer or any machine with Tangzhong method (water roux). Tang zhong milk bread, right out from the oven. Egg wash, baking, cooling, and storing a tang zhong bread.
The tangzhong technique, where you make a roux of flour and milk (or water), allows the dough to hold. The answer: tangzhong, the Asian yeast bread technique that's gradually making its way into American kitchens. A technique for softer yeast bread and rolls.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, tangzhong milk bread. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Tangzhong Milk Bread is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Tangzhong Milk Bread is something which I have loved my entire life.
How to make the softest Hokkaido japanese milk bread without stand mixer or any machine with Tangzhong method (water roux). Tang zhong milk bread, right out from the oven. Egg wash, baking, cooling, and storing a tang zhong bread.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook tangzhong milk bread using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Tangzhong Milk Bread:
- Make ready of Tangzhong:.
- Get 35 g of Bread Flour,.
- Make ready 175 g of Water,.
- Prepare of Dough:.
- Make ready 5 g of Active Instant Dry Yeast,.
- Make ready 140 g of Whole Milk Lukewarm,.
- Make ready 340 g of Bread Flour,.
- Get 30 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- Prepare 3 g of Sea Salt,.
- Make ready 40 g of Eggs,.
- Make ready of Room Temperature Softened Unsalted Butter, 40g + More For Greasing.
- Get of Egg Wash, 1 Egg Yolk + 1 TBSP Whole Milk.
Tangzhong milk bread is seriously soft and fluffy! I've been "tang zhong-ing" every bread and Now that you have your tangzhong, you can proceed to prepare the bread dough. TangzhongTangzhong is the technique of heating a portion of the flour We have some great Asian bakeries in Vancouver and they all make some version of a Milk Bread. This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
Instructions to make Tangzhong Milk Bread:
- Prepare the tangzhong. In a skillet over medium-low heat, add flour and water. Stir to combine well. *Make sure no large lumps.*.
- Continue cooking until it thickens. The roux should stick to your spatula without falling. Transfer into a bowl. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge overnight..
- Prepare the dough. Take the roux out of the fridge and place it on a counter at room temperature at least 1 hr prior to making the dough. In a bowl, combine milk and yeast until the yeast has dissolved. *The milk has to be lukewarm.*.
- Set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Mix to combine well. Gradually pour in the milk mixture while mixing with a spatula. Fold to combine well. Add in egg. Fold to combine well..
- Once it becomes a dough, knead the dough inside the bowl until all the nooks and crannies of flour are kneaded into the dough, about 5 mins. Add in the tangzhong. Knead for about 3 mins until the tangzhong is fully incorporated..
- Add in the butter. Continue kneading for another 3 mins. Transfer onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 to 8 mins. *Do take note that the tangzhong and butter has to be at room temperature.*.
- The dough should be tacky, but not sticky, and it should pass the "window-pane" test. If the dough is too dry, add in water, 1 TBSP at a time. If the dough is too sticky, add in flour, 1 TBSP at a time. Lightly grease the bowl with some butter. Transfer the dough back to the greased bowl. Cover with cling film and let rise for 30 mins..
- It should slightly risen. Punch down the dough and fold the top, sides and bottom to the center. Flip, cover and let rise for 1 hr. This process is sorta to ensure that the yeast is activated..
- The dough should be doubled in size. *You can do a test by poking a floured finger into the dough. If it doesn't spring back, the yeast is activated properly and the dough is ready.* Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces..
- Form each piece into balls. Cover with cling film and let rest for 15 mins. This is called the bench rest which allows the gluten to relax. Grease bread pan with butter..
- Roll a dough ball into an oblong disc. Fold the top 2/3 way to the bottom. Gently press to seal the sim. Fold the bottom 2/3 way to the top. Gently press to seal the sim..
- Rotate 90 degrees. Roll with the rolling pin. Fold the top 2/3 way to the bottom. Gently press to seal the sim..
- Fold down to meet the bottom. Gently pinch the sim. Roll the dough simmed side down to smoothen..
- Transfer into the greased bread pan. Repeat the process for the remaining dough balls. You will have 3 dough balls, side by side in your loaf pan..
- Cover with cling film and let rise for 45 mins. Preheat oven to 175 degree celsius or 350 fahrenheit. The dough balls should rise about 2 inches above the top of the loaf pan. Whisk egg wash until well combined..
- Brush the egg wash onto the dough. Wack into the oven and bake for 45 mins or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven. Immediately unmold onto a wire cooling rack..
- Melt some butter in skillet over a stovetop. Immediately, brush the melted butter onto the top crust to give that extra shine. Set aside to cool down completely before slicing. Use this sandwich bread for your sandwich adventures, or simply make a toast. I just simply spread my nyonya kaya..
Hokkaido Milk Toast (北海道牛奶麵包) was made with tangzhong (roux), most reliable method to make soft and fluffy breads. The bread can be kept for days and still very soft and fluffy. Milk Bread is a light Asian style bread that is popular in Korea. Tangzhong makes this extra moist and yummy. Can be made with non-instant OR instant yeast.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food tangzhong milk bread recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!