Spanish Bread. Spanish Bread brings back memories of hot afternoon snacks back home with these soft bread coming out of brown paper bags, warm and fresh from the bakery. The sweet, buttery paste filling is my favorite. How to make the classic Spanish Bread?
Every afternoon, we await the loud horn sound of the bread vendor. Spanish bread is a popular 'merienda' in the Philippines with a sweet buttery filling! Try this delicious Filipino Spanish bread for your afternoon snack.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, spanish bread. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Spanish Bread is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Spanish Bread is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Spanish Bread brings back memories of hot afternoon snacks back home with these soft bread coming out of brown paper bags, warm and fresh from the bakery. The sweet, buttery paste filling is my favorite. How to make the classic Spanish Bread?
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have spanish bread using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spanish Bread:
- Make ready of Dough:.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of sugar, for yeast.
- Take 2 tsp of active dry or instant yeast.
- Make ready 1 cup of milk, warm.
- Get 1 pc of medium-sized egg.
- Get 1/3 cup of unsalted butter.
- Take 3 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar, for dough.
- Take of Filling:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Get 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Get 1/3 cup of condensed milk.
- Get 3/4 cup of fine bread crumbs.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose cream.
Spanish Bread is something that you should really try baking. These log-shaped bread with butter and sugar paste filling is truly hearty comfort food. Spanish Bread: In the Philippines, Spanish bread is a staple in every bakery and a favorite mid-day snack paired with hot cocoa or coffee by Filipinos. It is fairly simple to make and the ingredients are.
Instructions to make Spanish Bread:
- Preheat oven at 350F or 180C..
- Start by adding yeast into warm milk and allowing it to bloom for 10mins..
- Add egg and melted butter into the yeast mixture and whisk for a few seconds..
- Add flour, salt and sugar into the wet ingredients and mixed until it roughly formes a dough..
- Once workable, knead for 5-8 minutes until stretchy and smooth..
- Once kneaded, form onto a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let it proof for 1 hour or until doubled in size..
- To make the filling: combine butter, sugar, condensed milk, bread crumbs, flour and cream. Set aside..
- Once the dough has been proofed, punch out the gas from the dough and divide equally into 16 pieces, each formed to a ball..
- Flatten each ball lengthwise and fill with about 1 tbsp of the filling spread evenly thoughout the dough, but avoiding about half an inch of the sides..
- Carefully roll each dough, similarly rolling a cinammon roll. Pinch the seams and tuck the sides..
- Cover each piece with fine breadcrumbs and place into a pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and let it proof for another 30 mins..
- Once ready, bake for about 18-20 minutes or until browned..
Spanish Bread is a Filipino type of bread filled with breading doused with sugar and margarine. A popular Filipino bread eaten usually during tea time. The term "Spanish bread" can refer to a wide variety of different doughy morsels. While most Spaniards would attest that there is no such thing as "Spanish bread", they would instantly admit that. Home » Breads » Rustic Spanish Bread.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food spanish bread recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!