Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green Plus Save Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who expressed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared burden we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen area more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly when they are not running as efficiently as they should. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old versions that are more than ten years old. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, coupled with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, for the reason that the motor won’t have to go as often.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is not that difficult. A lot of it truly is basically using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to celebration (xmas) fruit cake recipe. You can have celebration (xmas) fruit cake using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake:
- Provide of Dry Stuff.
- Take 350 grams of Plain Flour.
- Get 2 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of Mixed Spice.
- Use of Fruits.
- Prepare 110 grams of Chopped Candied Peel.
- Get 110 grams of Glacé Cherries, cut in half.
- Get 2 of Lemons Grated rind of.
- Take 2 of Oranges, Grated rind of.
- Provide 1 Kilogram of Dried Fruits, (500grams sultanas, 500grams Seedless Raisins).
- You need of Nuts (Optional!!).
- Use 110 grams of Almonds.
- Use 110 grams of Walnuts.
- You need 110 grams of Hazelnuts.
- Take of Wet Stuff.
- Prepare 4 of large or 5 medium Eggs.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Brandy/Rum Or Milk !.
- Prepare of Sticky Stuff.
- Provide 300 grams of Butter (or best Margarine).
- Get 300 grams of Moist Dark Brown Sugar.
- Use 3 of level tablespoons Black Treacle(or Golden Syrup).
Instructions to make Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake:
- Prepare tins as follows. Double layer of grease proof paper, draw around the bottom of your tin. Grease paper, then cut to draw line, fit to bottom of tin..
- Double layer of grease proof paper, enough to go around sides of tin. Grease and fit to sides of tin, overlapping the bottom layer.
- In a very large pan or bowl, mix all the dried fruits, rind of oranges and lemons, candied peel, cherries. Plus all the various nuts. Mix until evenly distributed..
- In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar and Black Treacle together..
- In another bowl, put the plain flour, cinnamon, mixed spices and salt. Use a whisk to gently mix it all until even..
- Break the eggs into a measuring jug or large cup, add Brandy/ Rum or milk and whisk lightly..
- Adding a little at a time, add egg mix and flour mix to the butter- sugar mix and combine until all has been used and smooth..
- Add this mix into the fruit- nut mix in the large bowl, mixing until everything is coated and even. The mix should be sticky and not very wet..
- Adding a bit at a time, put mix into your selected tins to 3/4 full. Dip your hand into a bowl of clean water and smooth down the cake mix, until raised slightly at the sides, gentle dip in the middle. (The cake will rise more in the center and you will end up with a level top!) Don’t worry if there is a small puddle, this will stop the top burning!.
- Cook in a moderate oven(mark3. 160C. 325deg) for about 1 1/2 hours. Then turn down heat to Mark1-2, 140-150 C, 275-300deg, for a further two hours..
- Leave in tin about 30 minutes to cool. Then take out of the tin gently, into a wire rack to finish cooling completely before taking off the paper..
- This cake can be stored in an air-tight container for several weeks, or frozen, if required!.
- If keeping for Xmas, a little Brandy or Rum, dribbled over the top, after piercing with a cocktail stick, after a month or so, then reseal..
If you find this Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.