Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mike's Texas Sized Taquitos! recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Texas Sized Taquitos! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Texas Sized Taquitos! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Dollars.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers as well as hippies? That has completely changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to change things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. These types of changes need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, especially if they are not working as effectively as they should. In case you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old models which might be more than ten years old. The correct temperature for food is 37F in the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use much less electricity. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, for the reason that the motor won’t have to run as often.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Efficient living is definitely something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. It’s about being practical, most of the time.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's texas sized taquitos! recipe. To cook mike's texas sized taquitos! you only need 26 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Texas Sized Taquitos!:
- Prepare of Boiled Chicken.
- You need of 32 oz Chicken Broth.
- You need of Trimmed Chicken Breasts.
- Provide of Onion Powder.
- Provide of Garlic Powder.
- Get of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare of Lime Juice.
- Get of Dried Cilantro Or 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro.
- You need of Each: Cayenne – Black Pepper – Salt & 1/8 tsp Mexican Oregeno.
- Take of Taquito Construction & Garnishment Items.
- Take of Purple Onion [chopped].
- Take of Tomato [chopped with seeds removed].
- You need of Bowl Raw Shreadded Cabbage.
- Provide of Shreadded Mexican 3 Cheese.
- Take of White Onion [chopped].
- Prepare of Fresh Cilantro.
- Get of Toothpicks.
- Take of Spray Pam.
- Provide of Jalapeños [minced – optional].
- Get of 12" or 8" Flour Tortillas.
- Provide of Sides.
- You need of Sour Cream.
- Provide of Mild Red Salsa.
- Prepare of Hot Red Salsa.
- Prepare of Fresh Guacamole.
- Take of Chopped Chives.
Steps to make Mike's Texas Sized Taquitos!:
- When cutting or trimming chicken, keep it seperate from everything else [cutting boards and other vegetables] and use a seperate knife to avoid any potential cross contamination. Wash hands regularly as well. Below is a great example of what your chicken should look like upon purchase..
- Wash and trim fat from chicken..
- Place all items in the Boiled Chicken category in a pot..
- Boil chicken for 20-25 minutes. Stick a knife in the thickest part of breasts. If fluid runs clean, your chicken is done. If pink fluid rises, your chicken isn't done. Boil 5 minutes more..
- After chicken is fully cooked, place in a separate bowl and allow it to cool just slightly..
- Finely finger shread your chicken..
- Once shreadded, take 2 tbs of your chicken broth and pour it on your chicken..
- Sprinkle moistened chicken lightly with the spices you used in your chicken boil, except Mexican Oregeno and lime juice. Also add salt to taste. You'll need more salt than any other spice but be careful not to over-salt. Mix shreadded chicken..
- Repeat this same process once more and add 1 cup of shreadded Mexican 3 Cheese..
- Heat tortillas just slightly in the microwave for 10 seconds. Place chicken mixture on the warmed tortillas end closest to you. Add a line of cheese to the top of your chicken. Press chicken down to firm and begin to roll your tortilla up tightly away from you..
- Run a toothpick through the end of the tortilla roll as shown in the photo below. You may need 2 toothpicks to hold your Taquitos if you've over packed them..
- Lightly spray the visible parts of the toothpicks with Pam to keep them from burning. That's the yellow coloration your seeing in the picture above around the toothpick. It's Pam Butter Spray. I was out of Pam Olive Oil Spray. Or you can soak the toothpicks in water for 3 minutes..
- At the ends of your Taquitos you'll notice empty spaces. Fill those holes with chicken and pack in tightly..
- Place on no stick or lined and sprayed cookie sheet and sprinkle each lightly with lime juice..
- For an even crisper roll, you can brush a basic Garlic Cilantro Olive Oil blend over the tops and bake. For a softer, more chewy roll, you can add shredded cheese to the tops before baking..
- Cook at 425° for 20-25 minutes flipping over once during baking. Since your chicken is pre-cooked, you're only looking to melt your cheese and crisp up your tortillas. Watch them closely..
- Line a serving tray with shreadded cabbage and sprinkle with chopped chives or Cilantro..
- REMOVE ALL TOOTHPICKS and place Taquitos on plate..
- Garnish with tomatoes, onions and Cilantro..
- Serve with a variety of salsas, sour cream and guacamole..
- Authors Note: A delicious recipe for Guacamole can be found on my recipe page under, "Mike's Fiesta Guacamole." https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345482-mikes-fiesta-guacamole.
That's a huge bitch!" "Dude, you should have seen Jerome get a Texas-sized hit from that awesome Quite a Texas-sized undertaking I tell you." "George W. Bush is a man of Texas-sized stupidity." Mark H. Find taquitos stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. That's twice the size of Texas.
If you find this Mike's Texas Sized Taquitos! recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.