Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a couple of small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to instapot roasted tomato soup recipe. To cook instapot roasted tomato soup you only need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup:
- Use of ▢ 3 pounds (1396g) field or roma tomatoes, cut in half horizontally.
- Take of ▢ 3 cups (750ml) unsalted chicken stock.
- You need of ▢ 3 (11g) garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Use of ▢ 1 (248g) medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare of ▢ 1 (102g) carrot, chopped.
- Get of ▢ 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil.
- You need of ▢ 1 tablespoon (14g) unsalted butter (vegan.
- Use of ▢ 2 tablespoons (30ml) fish sauce.
- You need of ▢ 2 tablespoons (30g) jasmine rice.
- You need of ▢ A pinch dried basil.
- Prepare of ▢ A pinch dried thyme.
- Get of ▢ Salt, sugar & ground black pepper.
- Prepare of ▢ ½ cup (125ml) heavy cream (do not add if canning).
Steps to make Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Layer tomatoes (cut side up) in a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & ground black pepper. If your tomatoes are not in season, sprinkle a little sugar on the tomatoes to help them caramelize better. Place baking tray in the oven’s middle rack. Depending on your oven and tomatoes, it will take 45 – 65 minutes..
- Heat up your pressure cooker over medium high heat (Instant Pot: press Sauté button, then Adjust button to Sauté More function). Ensure your pot is as hot as it can be (Instant Pot: wait until indicator says HOT)..
- Sauté onions in 1 tbsp unsalted butter for roughly 2 – 3 minutes until soften. Add in garlic and season with a pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper if you like. Sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Add in chopped carrots and saute for another minute..
- Pour ~ ½ cup (125 ml) unsalted chicken stock. Scrub all the brown bits off bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Keep the brown bits as they are very flavorful..
- Add roasted/browned tomatoes, 2 tbsp (30g) jasmine rice, a pinch of dried basil, and a pinch of dried thyme in Instant Pot. Pour in 2 tbsp (30ml) fish sauce and remaining unsalted chicken stock. Close the lid and cook at High Pressure for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and do a 10 minutes Natural Release. Open the lid carefully..
- Blend tomato soup into desired consistency with an immersion hand blender. *Optional: Strain the tomato soup over a fine mesh strainer for maximum smoothness. Add ½ cup (125ml) heavy cream. Taste the soup and season with salt if necessary. Depending on the tomatoes, you may want to add a pinch (or a few pinches) of sugar to balance the acidity flavor. It does wonder to the flavor!.
- Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy immediately. This will be a really good soup to serve to your favorite guests with grilled cheese sandwiches on the side.
- You may also water-bath or steam can this soup. Process pint jars for 20 minutes. Quart jars for 25 minutes. As mentioned above, do not add the heavy cream if canning. Add the cream as you open the jars and reheat..
If you find this Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.