Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Slow Cooker Caldo Verde Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Caldo Verde Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Caldo Verde Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Run the stairs. Instead of choosing the elevator, ascend the stairs to your floor. While this will be tough to do if you live on or if your job is on a extremely high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is entirely do-able. Even if you do live or work on one of the upper floors, you can still get out of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Most people will decide to be sluggish and take an elevator instead of choosing exercise on the stairs. Even just a sole flight of stairs, when travelled up or down a few times a day–can be a great improvement to your system.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Looking to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about slimming down. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker caldo verde soup recipe. To make slow cooker caldo verde soup you need 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Slow Cooker Caldo Verde Soup:
- Prepare 2-3 of garlic cloves.
- Take 1-2 of yellow onion.
- Provide 1 lb of linguica or chourico.
- Get 1 lb. of Yukon gold potatoes.
- You need 1-2 cups of chopped carrots.
- Provide 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sweet Spanish paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Take 1-2 pinches of ground cinnamon.
- Take 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 4 cups of cold water.
- You need 2-4 cups of chopped kale.
- Provide of Ground black pepper for taste.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Caldo Verde Soup:
- Dice the garlic and onions, separate into two piles..
- Lengthwise, slice the linguica/chourico in half, then cut into quarter inch slices.
- In a hot pot over medium heat, coat the pot with olive oil. Add the garlic. Saute the garlic for a minute or two..
- Next add the onions and carrots into the pot. Cook together with the garlic for about 5 minutes..
- Once the onions are translucent, the linguica goes into the pot. Cook the linguica until it is slightly browned. Add all of it into the slow cooker..
- Cut the potatoes into one inch pieces. Place the potatoes into the slow cooker..
- Stir everything into the slow cooker, except for the kale. Place the bay leaves on top. Close the slow cooker, set the temperature to low, and cook for about 8 hours..
- After 8 hours, discard the bay leaves and remove the linguica with a slotted spoon. Put to the side. Mix in the kale and cook for another 30 minutes with the temperature on high..
- When 30 minutes is over, use a hand blender to blend to almost smooth. It is okay to have some chunks. Stir back in the linguica. ***You do not need to blend. That is totally optional.***.
If you find this Slow Cooker Caldo Verde Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.