Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green Plus Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it looks like we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we cannot transform things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. Each and every family must start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly when they are not running as efficiently as they should. If you might be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with types from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electrical power. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electricity and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and also 0F. Checking that the condenser is actually clean, which means that the motor needs to run less often, will also save electricity.
As you can see, there are many little items that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is actually something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. Mostly, all it takes is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker potato soup recipe. You can cook slow cooker potato soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Slow Cooker Potato Soup:
- Use 3 lb of potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Take 1 of medium yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 of (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth.
- Get 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Provide 1 of salt and black pepper, to taste.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
- Provide 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Provide 9 oz of bacon, cooked and diced or crumbled.
- You need 4 of green onions, diced.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Potato Soup:
- To a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker, add potatoes, onion, chicken broth, evaporated milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with lid and cook on high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 8 hours ( poke potatoes with a fork to check make sure they're soft)..
- Ladle out 2 cups liquid from soup mixture in crock pot into a liquid measuring cup, set aside..
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes..
- While whisking, slowly pour 2 cups liquid in measuring cup into butter mixture, it will thicken quickly. Pour butter mixture into slow cooker and stir to blend. If desired, mash potatoes with a potato masher to break down into smaller pieces..
- Cover and cook on high heat until thickened, about 10 minutes. Turn heat off or to warm, stir in sour cream. Serve warm topped with cheddar, bacon and green onions..
If you find this Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.