Oven Baked Basmati Jollof Rice. Oven Baked Jollof Rice – Here is another take on Jollof Rice, one of the most famous West Africans one pot meal. Simplicity, is what sets apart the stove You may need to reduce this by half of a cup if you use Basmati Rice or Jasmine Rice. You can add more water if you feel the Rice is still hard after.
This one pot rice dish is a staple not only in Cameroon, but also Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal. Oven Baked Jollof Rice is the quintessential West African rice dish. Popular in many countries such as Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Senegal, and Sierra Leone, this one-pot rice dish is also known as Benachin and Thieboudienne.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, oven baked basmati jollof rice. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Oven Baked Jollof Rice – Here is another take on Jollof Rice, one of the most famous West Africans one pot meal. Simplicity, is what sets apart the stove You may need to reduce this by half of a cup if you use Basmati Rice or Jasmine Rice. You can add more water if you feel the Rice is still hard after.
Oven Baked Basmati Jollof Rice is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Oven Baked Basmati Jollof Rice is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook oven baked basmati jollof rice using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Oven Baked Basmati Jollof Rice:
- Get 2 cup of basmati rice.
- Take 4 of fresh tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 of habanero pepper.
- Make ready 1 of bulb onions.
- Prepare 2 of stock cube.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Make ready 50 g of mince meat.
- Get 1/4 of cksp veg oil.
- Take 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Get 1 tsp of crushed ginger.
It is popular on special occasions such as birthday parties, baby showers. So I decided to record an Oven Baked Jollof rice recipe. Y'all know I'm the queen of Jollof right? LOL… For this recipe, bear in mind, I used Basmati rice.
Steps to make Oven Baked Basmati Jollof Rice:
- Perboil basmati with a lot of water, once its almost tender, wash properly and drain.
- Preheat oven.
- Blend onions, pepper, ginger, garlic and tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat up pot, add vegetable oil, add a dash of salt; add in your mince meat stir and fry mince meat for about 4mins.
- Pour in the tomatoes paste, fry for 7mins string continously; add in salt, oregano and stock cube, stir.
- Gently add in rice and mix together properly, place foil underneath a baking dish and pour in the rice seal with foil.
- Place in the oven and bake for another 10mins and serve..
Other rice type cooking time will vary. Also, if you're using long grain rice, you'll need to parboil your rice first to speed up the cooking time. Here is a SIMPLE jollof rice recipe that can be prepared on any budget; the recipe is especially dedicated to Remove the bay leafs and Serve jollof rice with your choice of protein. I recently fell in love with Downloaded it with the oven baked chicken marinated with yoghurt. This jollof rice hack had me doing cat wheels in my kitchen.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food oven baked basmati jollof rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!