Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken. How to make chicken and beef jollof rice Vegetable stir fry – How to prepare in four easy steps (with in-depth explanation). Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs Place chicken drumsticks in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
Jollof Rice is a popular West African casserole of chicken, rice and vegetables in a mild tomato curry sauce. Full of interesting flavors yet mild enough to It's that comforting one-pot chicken and rice dish many of us know and love, the kind of dish that is cooked in kitchens across the globe, each slightly. Jollof rice is a spicy African rice dish that cooks in one pan, uses lots of veg and can be a veggie main or a side to some simply baked chicken.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
How to make chicken and beef jollof rice Vegetable stir fry – How to prepare in four easy steps (with in-depth explanation). Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs Place chicken drumsticks in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken:
- Prepare 1 kg of rice.
- Prepare 8 of medium size fresh tomatoes.
- Get 1/2 of quarter of dried pepper.
- Take 4 of fresh red pepper.
- Prepare 4 of fresh green pepper.
- Make ready 1 pack of green peas.
- Take 2 of large balls of onion.
- Prepare 2 of medium size spring onion.
- Get 4 cubes of Maggi seasoning.
- Get of All purpose seasoning.
- Get of Salt.
- Get of Thyme.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- Prepare of I full chicken.
- Take of Kpomo(cow skin).
- Take of For salad.
- Take of Cabbage.
- Take 2 sticks of carrot.
- Make ready of Medium size cucumber (optional).
- Prepare of Salad cream.
Spoon the jollof rice onto warmed plates and add the plantain on the side. Garnish with the chopped coriander and serve with a green salad alongside. Rice Jollof is usually paired with a salad and fried meat (Chicken, beef, etc). I like to commence cooking jollof rice with the same oil I used while frying the meat.
Instructions to make Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken:
- First I cut or dice my red and green pepper my onion I also dice my kpomo then I blend my fresh tomatoes some of my fresh red pepper and onion.
- Then i cut and neatly wash my chicken and my diced kpomo then add my seasonings, onions and add some water then leave it on the burner until the chicken is well cooked and soft.
- I then pre boil my rice and wash, set aside and fry my chicken in sunflower oil(medium heat) so when everything is ready I fry my tomato purée then add my stock water and some more seasoning and salt when this is ready I add my pre boiled rice and allow to cook for maybe 20-30 mins depending on your cooker.
- When the water starts drying up I add my peas some of my green and red pepper and that's it so when the water is all dried up I stir with a wooden spoon and yes my jollof rice is ready.
- Over to kpomo I add a little bit of oil in a frying pan add some chopped onion and my roughly blended pepper and fry I then pour in my already cooked kpomo, curry,seasoning cube and salt then stir fry for about 2/3 mins and my pepper kpomo is ready.
- For my salad I wash my cabbage,carrot and cucumber then grate my cabbage and carrot put in a clean plate add my salad cream an that is it 😊.
Chicken (whole chicken, drumsticks or chicken breast). When done, grill it in an oven. This is to give it a golden look which is more presentable especially if you have guests Parboil the rice using the method detailed in parboiling rice for cooking jollof rice. Jollof rice probably originated from rice dishes eaten by the Wolof people of Senegal and Gambia, but its Beef Jollof Rice : Substitute cubed stewing beef for the chicken. After browning the beef You fry the onions in oil till soft, add blended fresh or tinned tomatoes,hot pepper and tomato puree, cook.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!