Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Youtiao/Chinese Fried Long Donuts/Cakwe recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Youtiao/Chinese Fried Long Donuts/Cakwe recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
Mostly, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and should be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. There are several foods that, when you eat them, could improve your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Build a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all good for raising your mood. This is possible as these foods are high in magnesium which increases serotonin production. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The more of it in your brain, the happier you’ll feel. Not just that, nuts, in particular, are a terrific protein source.
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Test out these hints instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to youtiao/chinese fried long donuts/cakwe recipe. To make youtiao/chinese fried long donuts/cakwe you only need 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Youtiao/Chinese Fried Long Donuts/Cakwe:
- Use 400 gr of all purpose flour.
- Provide 1.5 tsp of salt.
- You need 0.5 tsp of sugar.
- Get 1 tbs of baking powder.
- Use 0.5 tsp of baking soda.
- Get 1 of sdt garlic powder.
- You need 270 gr of water.
- Prepare of Canola oil as needed to coat the dough.
Instructions to make Youtiao/Chinese Fried Long Donuts/Cakwe:
- Mix well the dry ingredients. Pour in the water..
- Knead the dough until it feels soft. Coat the dough with oil..
- Put the dough in a bowl then cover the bowl with plastic wrap..
- Leave the dough in room temperature for 4 to 6 hours or put it in the fridge overnight..
- In the morning, take out the dough and let it sit on the counter (wrapped) for 1 – 2 hours until the dough is back to room temperature and VERY soft to the touch. This step is very important because when the dough is not in room temperature, it won't fry up properly..
- Gently flip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle very lightly flour the top side of the dough also..
- Roll out the dough to get about 1/4 in thick (about 4 in wide). Cut the the dough into 1 x 4 in strips (try to cut an even number of strips). Dip a chopstick in the water then press the center of one strip lengthwise. Put another strip on top of it then press the center (lengthwise) with a chopstick..
- Preheat the oil to fry until is very hot over medium heat..
- Hold the two ends of each piece and gently stretch the dough to a 7 to 8-inch long rope..
- Then put it in the hot oil. As soon as the dough floats, roll the dough in a continuous motion for about a minute by using chopsticks or tongs..
- The youtiao is done once they turn light golden brown..
- Repeat step 10, 11, 12 for the remaining dough..
Youtiao in fact is deep-fried Chinese breadstick. The perfect match with Youtiao is soy milk. Since Youtiao is deep-fried, so it is not so popular as the old days. But it can always bring happy memories. This recipe is from Nanjing, China but variations are made all over the county.
If you find this Youtiao/Chinese Fried Long Donuts/Cakwe recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.