Slow Cooked Beef Brisket with Onions.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, slow cooked beef brisket with onions. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Slow Cooked Beef Brisket with Onions is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Slow Cooked Beef Brisket with Onions is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook slow cooked beef brisket with onions using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooked Beef Brisket with Onions:
- Take of lb/2kg piece of brisket.
- Take of plain flour for dusting.
- Take of sea salt and black pepper.
- Get of beef dripping or vegetable oil.
- Take of tomato paste/puree.
- Prepare of large onions.
- Prepare of carrots, peeled.
- Make ready of garlic cloves.
Instructions to make Slow Cooked Beef Brisket with Onions:
- In the UK joints of brisket usually come ready rolled, and for this recipe you need a flat piece, so just snip the string and unroll. Dust both sides of the beef with flour and lots of black pepper. Heat the oil or dripping in a large frying pan. Preheat your slow cooker.
- Sear the beef in the pan on all sides, then set aside. Add the onions to the pan, with more fat if necessary..
- Fry the onions until soft and staring to turn golden brown, then transfer to the warmed slow cooker..
- Spread tomato paste on top of the beef, I used about 3 tbsp, as if you were icing a cake. Place the beef on top of the onions..
- Add the peeled carrots, still whole, and the garlic cloves (whole and unpeeled) to the slow cooker. Add two big pinches of salt, and more black pepper..
- Cover with the lid and cook for 1 and a half hours, then remove the beef from the slow cooker and cut into thick slices. Place back in the cooker, in the same shape as it was before..
- Cook for another 2 and a half to2 hours until the meat is meltingly tender. By this time you'll have a rich onion gravy..
- I served the slices of beef with roast potatoes and peas..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food slow cooked beef brisket with onions recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!