Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sourdough French Toast recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sourdough French Toast recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most likely buy lots of items out of habit. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sourdough french toast recipe. You can cook sourdough french toast using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sourdough French Toast:
- Take 1 cup of milk.
- Provide 3 large of eggs.
- Use 2 tbsp of agave syrup.
- Use 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Use 8 of (1/2-inch) slices stale sourdough.
- Get 4 tbsp of butter.
Instructions to make Sourdough French Toast:
- In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, agave and salt..
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak 1 minute, flipping half way. The softer your bread the less time you need..
- Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a saute pan..
- Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, about 90 seconds per side..
- Repeat with all 8 slices..
- Set a wire rack inside large rimmed baking sheets. Place bread on rack and put in oven for 5 minutes..
- Serve immediately topped with syrup or yogurt and berries..
I have my standard french toast recipes. You know the ones- whisk together some egg, milk or heavy cream, vanilla, a pinch of cinnamon and go from there. Always yummy but not standout quality. Until this one, with an ingredient I've never used before. This French toast recipe with sourdough skips the added sugar.
If you find this Sourdough French Toast recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.