Tarte Flambé (Baked Onion Flatbread). Learn how to make a Tarte Flambée recipe! Tarte Flambée – The Cream, Bacon and onion Alsatian pizza. Baked Stuffed Brie – Brie en Croute stuffed with Cranberries & Walnuts.
Its German name, Flammkuchen (sometimes Flammekueche), translates to precisely the same – flamme=flame and kuchen=tart. Flammekueche (Alsatian), Flammkuchen (German lit. "flame cake") or tarte flambée (French) is a speciality of the historic regions of Alsace, Saarland. Flammkuchen (tarte flambée) is a flatbread topped with cream, onions It is important to slice the onions very thin since the baking time is quite short.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, tarte flambé (baked onion flatbread). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Tarte Flambé (Baked Onion Flatbread) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Tarte Flambé (Baked Onion Flatbread) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Learn how to make a Tarte Flambée recipe! Tarte Flambée – The Cream, Bacon and onion Alsatian pizza. Baked Stuffed Brie – Brie en Croute stuffed with Cranberries & Walnuts.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook tarte flambé (baked onion flatbread) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Tarte Flambé (Baked Onion Flatbread):
- Get of Bread dough:.
- Take 250 grams of Bread flour.
- Take 50 grams of Cake flour.
- Make ready 3 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 5 grams of Salt.
- Take 6 grams of Dry yeast.
- Make ready 195 grams of Water.
- Prepare 10 grams of Olive oil.
- Get of Toppings:.
- Make ready 1 of onion Onion.
- Make ready 100 grams of Light cream (The low fat version).
- Prepare 60 grams of Sour cream.
- Make ready 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Take 1 dash of Nutmeg.
- Get 1 dash of Parsley (as much as you like).
Flammkuchen (Tarte Flambee). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Flammekueche is a bacon onion flatbread/pizza from Alsace. It may be only a few ingredients, but they are transformed into a truly delicious dish! Plus, the fact this dish has multiple names, from the French tarte flambeé to more Germanic flammekueche.
Instructions to make Tarte Flambé (Baked Onion Flatbread):
- Take the ingredients for the bread and make them into a dough. If you knead it by hand, the dough is going to become smooth. So add some grease or oil and knead it well one more time until it's slightly transparent..
- Place the dough in a warm spot and let the dough rise for 40 minutes until it has doubled in size. Take some warm water at 30℃ and cover the bowl with plastic wrap..
- Divide the dough into 6 portions and shape them into balls. Let them sit for 20 minutes. Pinch the sides and cover them with a tightly wrung out damp towel..
- Take the softened sour cream and light cream, thinly sliced onions and nutmeg and mix together. Eyeball the amounts of sugar..
- Once the dough is done rising, roll out the dough with a rolling pin into an oval shape (About 10cm x 22cm).
- Arrange the dough on a tray and then take the mixture from step four and place it on top. Let the dough rise a second time for 20 minutes. Just let it rise as is. Don't cover it..
- In a preheated oven at 190℃, bake for 15 minutes and it's done. Top with parsley if you'd like..
- This is a picture of the dough that was only divided into 3 portions. I put it on an appropriately sized baking sheet and baked it. I rolled the dough out to a 22cm x 25cm shape..
All Reviews for Tarte Flambee (Alsatian Bacon & Onion Tart). Came as close as possible to the original Tarte Flambe I had in Strasbourg. Loved it and so did my husband. Tarte flambée is an Alsatian dish composed of bread dough rolled out very thin in the shape of a rectangle (traditionally) or circle It is one of the most famous gastronomical specialties of the region. See more ideas about Tarte flambee, Tart, Bread dough.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food tarte flambé (baked onion flatbread) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!